Dahlias

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
You really have special Dahlias!

Question: Do all the varieties produce good seed?
Thanks......The answer to your question is "No".... And not all good seed producers are good parent stock..... research and/or trial and error must take place to produce any "quality" offspring. Some varieties are good seed parents and some are used ONLY for the pollen and not the seeds....and some aren't used at all. I hope this answers your question.....(???)

Mireya Taylor

Garden lurker
Reaction score
Thanks lesa......here is another variety called "Strawberry Ice".....I'm helping my friend's daughter with her wedding flowers in August and she wants pastel pink and white Dahlias....this is one of the varieties that I'll use....hoping I have a great growing season.....:)..... "Strawberry Ice".....
7566_dahlias_2011_010.jpg
Hi New to the forum-- happened upon your post as I was searching for pastel colored dahlias to grow for my daughter's wedding. She likes white, blush, apricot and lavender. With your experience, can you think of some varieties that are prolific? I am also looking for some with the wow factor. Wedding is at the end of August so plenty of time to get blooms. I have to get these ordered pronto -- an amazing spread you have there --