DANG IT! Another heat wave.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've been having temps in the high 80s the past few days. While that isn't as bad as the one we went through a few weeks ago it's enough to really bring out the pests again on my fall garden. To top it off we have Santa Ana conditions to drop the humidity way down. Weird fall here in SoCal this year.

Added to say we're up to 94 today. That's Summertime weather, not Fall.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You can send some warmth our way, we had our first heavy frost this morning and we are wearing our winter coats here in New England.
Our October weather was not too bad, a couple of real chilly and windy days, some heavy rain here and there, but mostly nice fall weather.
Its 49 degrees right now, I dug up the last of the parsnips and will pull the carrots later on today and the garden will be officially put to bed for the winter.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hoodat, I am having a hard time feeling sorry for you!! It was 25 last night! It actually was a very clear day, today- but certainly coat and glove weather!

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I feel for you. LOL, I just planted about 1/4 acre in grass and clover seed for pasture and now the heat wave hits here too. It was 86 yesterday with the wind blowing and hot again today. Now I have to water it by sprinkler 2 or 3 times a day and hope the seedings don't dry out.

Trisha

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Hoodat, I am having a hard time feeling sorry for you!! It was 25 last night! It actually was a very clear day, today- but certainly coat and glove weather!
I suppose I should count my blessings. Not many people get to eat something out of their garden every day of the year.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I understand your frustrations... We just got into the 60's this week. It was 70's over the weekend, but high 80's with high humidity last week. I don't doubt for one minute we will have more heat yet to come. :(

Latest posts