dare to have coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee.gif

When is the latest in the evening that you dare have a cup of coffee?

Let's make it in hours before going to bed, okay?

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't dare to have caffeinated coffee after about one in the afternoon. Decaf I would drink anytime.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Morning only for me... (that cup looks particularly good!) Sometimes I look forward to going to bed- cause I know I can have my coffee when I wake up. Sad, I know!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was in College, back during the Neolithic, there were times I did all nighters on coffee. Once turned in a report that had all the A's capitalized typing it up on coffee. Didn't even know it until the professor laughed when he handed them back to us. Told me it was either an A- or an F for sloppiness. He was nice, and understood all about college kid all nighters getting a report done.

Anymore I consider it dangerous to have coffee after 3 pm. Still tempted sometimes though. Course, not sure if anyone knows, but my coffee maker is a Mr. Coffee Espresso maker, and I pack it overfull and tight. Then I add chocolate protein or weight gain powder to it, and a good couple teaspoons of sugar, cream or creamer if I have it.

Ever notice how in europe the Renaissance really got into full tilt after the discovery of Coffee in the New World? Coincidence?
Ponce De Leon didn't know it, but every time he passed a Coffee plant he was going right by the real fountain of youth!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried this the other day: ~ The Caffeine Nap (click) ~

I do NOT recommend this for driving. That's because I do NOT know what to recommend for driving. A sleepy driver is a danger and that's about all I have to say.

But, the nap after a cup of coffee - that worked real well for me. The idea is that the caffeine doesn't have a real quick effect on the sleepy person. I think that might be right. The hot beverage seemed especially comforting and I was very sleepy but needed to get busy doing something other than laying around.

Now, you need to know - & some may remember - that my coffee is usually 2/3rds decaf. That's right. It is real low octane. I seem to get away with it only until about 4 hours before I head off for a night's sleep. And yet . . . I don't feel especially stimulated from either a low octane or a high - cup of joe.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to be a barrista in college and would do many of the extra shots of espresso from making a drink (because you have to toss them out after a couple of minutes anyway) and would have free coffee day and night. But now I can hardly tolerate caffeine anymore. I was recently diagnosed with arrhythmia and my doctor told me to stop drinking caffeine in any form. However, I still have half caff; two cups a day equals one whole I guess! Morning only for me, or else I won't sleep.

My grandparents, in their 80's, drink coffee as late as 8pm. They tempt me every time I go visit. :p

Your steaming coffee cup picture is very tempting too, Steve!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like to have a mocha in the evening, about 8 o'clock when I'm couch potatoeing and online. So far, I've gotten away with it, but I'm usually so super tired that nothing would keep me awake.

I drink decaf ordinarily in the morning, mostly as a medium for my half n half! :p

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'll drink coffee in the evening between 6:30 and 7:30 and I'm fine.

:D

I easily drink a pot of coffee a day! I can't help it, I barely sleep 5-6 hours a night at best. In fact, I'm still working and taking a break now, I'll be up baking and packing boxes for my business until 1am at least. Then up at 6 to get the kiddo to bed. I am presetting my coffee maker now to go on at 5:45am so I can function after I get up.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
No coffee for me. I drink a cup of jasmine pearl tea in the morning. When we go out for breakfast, that's when I'll drink a cup of coffee. Restaurants never have good teas.

Mary

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority. Coffee doesn't keep me awake. Whether or not I drink coffee or when I drink it doesn't affect my sleep one way or another except that if I drink a cup or two just before bed I'll have to get up to pee.

Latest posts