darn stray dog!!!!!!!!

cherokeechicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ok today after a long day of fence repair we get back to the house to discover our water garden had been destroyed. it was full of yellow flag marsh iris( in full bloom) and purple water hyacinth. along with a bamboo fountian. well not anymore. it was strawn across the yard and the fountain was in pieces. why don't people keep there dogs at home.:somad

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about the destruction of your water garden -- It's heart-breaking for you! :hugs People are often so irresponsible about keeping their pets under control. :barnie

Over here in the UK people are just dumping their big dogs on the streets or motorways because they can't afford to keep them anymore..........!!! Why don't they think, for once, & take them to an animal refuge or phone the RSPCA & they would come & collect them for re-homing. I DESPAIR about SOME PEOPLE and their ways......:he

I hope you can reconstruct the garden for next years iris etc & make it even more beautiul! :hugs

:rose Hattie :rose

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am so sorry ..my heart breaks for you over this ..do you know the owners of the dog? I would for sure have them come over and see ..do you live in a community with a home owners association or anything you could report this? the police (I know they are little or no help in this kind of thing)

how thoughtless people are

we had to spend a fortune to fence our entire 1/2 acre in to keep our neighbors dog out ..she kept bolting into our yard and going after my dogs...I have pit bulls ..who btw are as sweet as sweet can be but if a fight broke out in my yard what dog do you think would be the one hauled off by the cops?

one day I was working on my fence and the guy who owned the offending dog made a comment about how "this never has been a neighborhood with fences I can not believe you are doing this and ruining the free flow" ..this was after his dog attacked me in my yard! ..I just looked at him and said "really this is because of you and your inablity to keep your dogs away from mine...his stupid comment ..you will not believe what he said ..

"I would rather eat my dog than spend the money to put up a fence around my yard!" how much sense did this comment make and how stupid this man is!!!

I will not repeat my follow up comment since this is a family board

people can be just thoughtless
anyway I am rambling and just wanted to offer support and empathy ..but your story stirred up my resentment for this jerk who lives near by

take care and yes as Hattie said rebuild better than ever...maybe a shock fence around the pond!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I really hope you find who's dog it was and get in their faces about what happened! I would... I'd demand compensation. Worse case they say OH WELL... just call the cops! They'd be in mad trouble in a lot of placed because of leash laws anyways.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
ouch .. sorry to hear .. i agree it is irresponsible pet owners that ruin the flow of things .. sorry about your pond, i want to create a small pond in my yard and never thought a stray would or could destroy it .. i know the raccoons frustrate me .. i do hope you are able to put the pieces back together .. good luck ..

cherokeechicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thanks everyone. as to fenceing in the property it is we have a 284 acre cattle farm here and there are no nieghbors for miles.as to calling the cops...lol they say shot it and drag the thing to the back of the property.

cherokeechicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
update..... the dog came back and is now at his new home... the pound. now to rebuild the water garden....:weee

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What happened? Did you round him up ? Did you call up the authorities? I'm so nosey........I know that.......!! :lol: :gig

Seriously I am so glad that the dog is out of your life now & certainly OUT OF YOUR GARDEN ! :ya

Good Luck with the renovation of your pond garden. :happy_flower

:rose Hattie :rose

cherokeechicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thanks hattie ... the water garden is going to be bigger this time and i think i will add a waterfwll to it and more plants maybe a few fish. any suggestions.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
cherokeechicken said:
thanks hattie ... the water garden is going to be bigger this time and i think i will add a waterfwll to it and more plants maybe a few fish. any suggestions.
I had a pond last year, had to get rid of it because of coon problems. But i loved the koi fish their so beautiful and you can even get them to eat from your hand. I miss my koi fish and the pond but one day when i move out to NC i'll build a very large pond and get different kinds of koi.
Good Luck with your pond!! ;)

Latest posts