darn stray dog!!!!!!!!

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't have the space for this, but when I finally put in my pond, I am going to use my cousin's as an inspiration. This started years ago as a large hole in the ground with a large pond liner and some gravel. It's absoutely gorgeous now. I'd probably go a less-formal route, but I love the feel of this. He has oodles of koi in it - but he lives in Germany and doesn't have any major predators like we have here.

IMG_4074.jpg

P7220248.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oooo, I want to live there!!! How delightful, a glass of wine by the pond....mmm :love

They made this by hand?? How inspriational!!!

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Oooo, I want to live there!!! How delightful, a glass of wine by the pond....mmm :love

They made this by hand?? How inspriational!!!
They hired some heavy machinery to dig the initial hole, but after that, it was all done by hand. I believe they started this project the year they built the house (aso their own design), which was 1990. Every year they added on more. I hadn't been back in a long while, and I was so enamored with this pond - back then (when I was a kid and we used to swim in it!) and now as an adult. The part you can't see, on the left is a wall of lava rock that has a waterfall with a stream that connects to the pond (second picture you can see the bridge that goes over the stream). This house and the yard are their pride and joy, and it shows. Though they have neighbors to the left and the right, they've planted tons of bamboo and other screens to make the yard private, and if you go to the back of the yard, all you can see are rolling hills and countryside. (sigh) :love

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is one AMAZING pond :ep , i would love to relax next to it. Wish i had room for one of those.