Darned Old Memory

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bet there is even more price variance in animal medicine than there is in human medicine. If I thought I was going to keep the kitty very long, I would look around for a cheaper supplier, but, as it is, he is set up for now. Since the owners are moving about 30 miles away, this would be a good time for them to switch vets and start buying food, meds and supplies somewhere cheaper.
The information paper in the insulin box doesn't say anything about keeping refrigerated, but outside the box it says "keep refrigerated" but I can't read the rest of it due to the script label. Stuff I have read on line is kind of vague, but on the whole, I got the impression that leaving it out for 12 hours didn't ruin it. This is ProZinc.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
this is about all i saw in the literature associated with it online. Storage Conditions: Store in an upright position under refrigeration at 36-46°F (2-8°C). Do not freeze. Protect from light.

but i kept reading that you need the stuff in the syringe to come up to room temp before giving it to the cat.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
What does the diabetes cat food do? What are the ingredients? I'm studying dog nutrition and there is a little section on cats. I'd love to hear more about this food for my notes!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unless I need a medicine immediately I never buy from my vet. Most mail order will even call your vet for prescripton for you. Price even with shipping is about half