Daylight savings time 1 Jared 0 seriously?

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is killing me. I've never had this much trouble with it before. It's dark here around 6 & Im struggling to make it past 7:30. Sure I've got plenty to do but I feel like I'm working late into the night & have to keep telling myself it isn't late & if I go or bed I'll be up at 4am & that won't help anything.

It's got the kids messed up too they are up earlier than normal & it's tough as anything to get them get them to hold out to help adjust.

I really don't know what my problem is usually I don't even think about it but this last time change has taken me out at the knees. I figured I'd be past it by now but apparently not.

Anybody else having issue with it?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Always do. I go all winter hating the fact that it is dark by 5:00 Has it also be cloudy? Maybe sun during the day would help. Good luck getting the kids internal clocks reset. (Yours too)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not much of a problem here, Jared, but I feel your pain. It's bad enough when you can't get adjusted, but trying to deal with little ones who are off their schedule too, makes it so much harder. Hang in there. Maybe it won't take much longer.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moved to Indiana where we didn't mess with it. Great! Then we get a new governor & his first agenda, get Indiana to DLST..... His philosphy--gives us more hours to enjoy sunlight and it would help the job market......duh, there are only so many day light hours and how we set our clocks has NO effect on that...... & the good voters elected him 2X's. So now, we send kids to bus in dark & try to get them to sleep in the light........ Never underestimate the voters of America!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am a believer in electric lighting. I am also a believer in sunlight!

There is a solar noon, when the sun crosses our celestial meridian. That is directly over our head or as close to it as the season will permit. Twelve hours later, it is midnight. This is from our own personal view of the world and the sky.

Clocks are our best approximation of celestial time. It isn't the other way around. What a joke to think that the Earth turns to our tune! Changing the clock is just an exercise of arbitrary power and, coupled with loss of daylight, oppressive.

I think you should try to get as much sunlight through the day as possible, Jared. Evening hours under lights is kind of a bonus for the day. However, I used to tell folks at work that if I couldn't get a job, at least well-started by noon, it wasn't likely that I could get it done that day. I like early work hours.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The time change is always a huge disruption and I wish they would just leave us on Standard Time. That would mean it would be getting light around 3 in the morning for several weeks in the summer but I could live with that.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought it was close to 4:00pm today but when I looked at my watch it was only 12:30! It was kind of weird feeling that.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
I am an insomniac and Daylight savings time just makes things worse.
You got love having insomnia maybe getting a good nights sleep and then nights
Lucky if you get a hour or two. And you are so right about the time change just
One more thing to mess you up.
And the worst thing is when you have it, there is nothing worth
Watching on TV

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would be great fore me! 3 or 4 in the morning is the witching hour for me. I could get up and garden!!!!!!
thistlebloom said:
The time change is always a huge disruption and I wish they would just leave us on Standard Time. That would mean it would be getting light around 3 in the morning for several weeks in the summer but I could live with that.

Latest posts