december snow???

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
if the weather predictions are correct for tonight and tomorrow...
26758260_1552037744831911_1661006636651049181_o.jpg

they are calling for "depending who you listen to" we could end up with 18" of snow plus freezing rain..
all the stores are bare....except for cream corn and liver.
as least i convinced the dw to stock up this time.....

who else is going to be hit be this wonderful storm and are ready....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, 18"! That's a huge amount for an area that doesn't see much.
We have none zero zilch.
Just hard, bare, frozen solid ground.

Stay safe Major.

What's wrong with creamed corn and liver?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are predicting we could possibly get 2" to 5" of rain today. No snow. The way it usually works here is that some areas get hit pretty hard while other areas not much. It is raining but not that heavily yet. I cleaned out a drain so I guess I'm as ready as I can be. I won't be working outside today, maybe a good day to write my Christmas cards and wrap a few presents.

In your area that much snow will be a major disruption, especially considering how rare it is. But it is that time of the year. So yes, stay safe.

Thistle, I see nothing wrong with creamed corn, I think it is even sweeter than whole kernel. I enjoy chicken or beef liver when it is cooked right which generally means it is not overdone. Mom used to make liver pudding when we butchered a hog, that stuff was horrible. I wish she had tried frying it but that has turned me off hog liver ever since. Mom and Dad really liked it so we got it.

My wife can't stand the smell of cooking liver so the only time I get it is when we eat out, like chicken livers at Cracker Barrel or beef liver and onions at a few other places.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw just got from doing laundry both registers at tractor supply were open backed up to the other end of the building mainly pet food and propane<which she was after>

food lion all 10 registers were open no carts to be found, she was just after ice......

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are predicting we could possibly get 2" to 5" of rain today. No snow. The way it usually works here is that some areas get hit pretty hard while other areas not much. It is raining but not that heavily yet. I cleaned out a drain so I guess I'm as ready as I can be. I won't be working outside today, maybe a good day to write my Christmas cards and wrap a few presents.

In your area that much snow will be a major disruption, especially considering how rare it is. But it is that time of the year. So yes, stay safe.

Thistle, I see nothing wrong with creamed corn, I think it is even sweeter than whole kernel. I enjoy chicken or beef liver when it is cooked right which generally means it is not overdone. Mom used to make liver pudding when we butchered a hog, that stuff was horrible. I wish she had tried frying it but that has turned me off hog liver ever since. Mom and Dad really liked it so we got it.

My wife can't stand the smell of cooking liver so the only time I get it is when we eat out, like chicken livers at Cracker Barrel or beef liver and onions at a few other places.

eating liver is an reenactment of the donner party..............

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like creamed corn and I like liver. I must admit I've never cooked it, dh is not a liver lover, haha.
But my moms was always good. Liver and onions was a regular for us. She deveined it which I guess makes it more tender. Of course that was always our own lamb livers. Maybe they do that at the store already?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You all made me LOL!!!!!!!

I only like creamed corn from the old days. Nowadays, its all mushy liquidy stuff. So when I have a hankering for it, I add a can of drained corn into the creamed corn.

Ha. I do the same thing!

Latest posts