december snow???

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's an early winter on the east coast. We were cross-country skiing in blaze orange because it overlapped with hunting season. Later we had a soaking rain, so the snow is all crusty, but the lakes now have nice ice. We've had 2 below zero mornings in a row and went skating yesterday. It has all been enjoyable, but it could make for a long winter!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
if the weather predictions are correct for tonight and tomorrow...
View attachment 29618
they are calling for "depending who you listen to" we could end up with 18" of snow plus freezing rain..
all the stores are bare....except for cream corn and liver.
as least i convinced the dw to stock up this time.....

who else is going to be hit be this wonderful storm and are ready....
Any sign of the storm yet?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
started snowing around 3 am so made a pot of coffee watched the news, for the first time since the flood made breakfast. must have been tired went back to sleep till 8 am..

crap it has been coming down have about 7" with winds of 15 mph so i did not last very long outside.... but the dogs had a blast ..

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
started snowing around 3 am so made a pot of coffee watched the news, for the first time since the flood made breakfast. must have been tired went back to sleep till 8 am..

crap it has been coming down have about 7" with winds of 15 mph so i did not last very long outside.... but the dogs had a blast ..

Were you intentionally up at 3 AM or were you too excited by the impending snow? Speaking of the flood. All repaired now?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
We ended up with 13” and just a little freezing rain
And work messaged everyone last night they closed Monday, which is good the roads are a real mess.. any road that was plowed turned into ice overnight...

updated 6 am monday..... watching the news the interstates clear with icey spots , primary road are a ice rink, secondary roads most have not been touched, just looked at the power outage map 10"s of thousands without power. mainly ice but they did say lot of trees were weakened from tropical storm michael we had winds with gusts of 18 mph since midnight.

they are calling for a possible 1-3" this morning which will cover the ice cap from last night.
it's going to take days for this to melt....

@catjac1975 as for the flood you need read morning grrrr thread, why 3 am the girls needed out to pee.

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We ended up with 13” and just a little freezing rain
And work messaged everyone last night they closed Monday, which is good the roads are a real mess.. any road that was plowed turned into ice overnight...

updated 6 am monday..... watching the news the interstates clear with icey spots , primary road are a ice rink, secondary roads most have not been touched, just looked at the power outage map 10"s of thousands without power. mainly ice but they did say lot of trees were weakened from tropical storm michael we had winds with gusts of 18 mph since midnight.

they are calling for a possible 1-3" this morning which will cover the ice cap from last night.
it's going to take days for this to melt....

@catjac1975 as for the flood you need read morning grrrr thread, why 3 am the girls needed out to pee.
Oh, no.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
my friend in Asheville lost power. Don't know about Aunt L or cousins in Greensboro and surrounding area. I didn't see a post from one cousin about power, but his snow was gorgeous!

Latest posts