Deer Hunting - 6 so far this year!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two of them this past Tuesday...

DSCF0438.JPG

DSCF0440.JPG

DSCF0444.JPG

But repairing the amo is getting expensive........

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm fine. New headlight arriving today - I hope to get it in tomorrow. I'll have to hit the junkyards again for the new grill, etc.
I wish SOMEONE could figure out WHY they feel the need to rush out of a perfectly safe field and crash into moving lights & screaming brakes.........
The worst part is - I had missed deer #1 (barely) and was sitting still when deer #2 did a summersault over my hood and deer #3 tried to shove the bed across the road.
Stupid deer........

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yikes!

There was something in the news yesterday about the dang moose around here. Something about their population numbers . . . and, it wasn't what you might expect.

Yeah, it seems that they might be making some poor choices on where to hang out. Population numbers are dropping and the biologists say their bad decisions aren't based on over-crowding.

Fence them into the forests? Genetically engineer them for a little higher IQ? Insurance companies' decision?

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two in one day! :ep Glad to hear you are ok and it didn't do worse than that to your truck.

(I don't know how I've managed to live in WV most of my life and never hit a deer...)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was wondering why you didn't have a hunting limit!! Glad you are okay...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I was getting the benefit of thinning the herds - but so far all I've gotten is experience in minor body work on my truck.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow, glad your o.k, it is crazy how much damage a deer can do. Lot of accidents in NC, lots of fatalities too.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm glad the damage is minor. My wife hit one about a year and a half back. Cost the insurance company close to $4000 and the car still isn't quite right.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so glad that you are okay. That is the important thing. My BIL always carried a knife in his truck so the deer carcass wouldn't be wasted. No way it would pay for the damaged, but did you get the meat at least?

Around here the DNR claims the deer belong to them. We have hoops to jump through to get hunting permits and all sorts of regulations to follow. I've always felt the DNR should have to pay repairs when one of THEIR DEER run into our vehicles. . . .
. . . Just back from knocking on an old burr oak. . . I've managed to miss all the deer around here -- so far. Perhaps it's because I don't spend a lot of time driving at dusk or dawn, but there are more deer than people per acre out here. I've been a lucky girl.

Latest posts