Deer Hunting - 6 so far this year!

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am so glad that you are okay. That is the important thing. My BIL always carried a knife in his truck so the deer carcass wouldn't be wasted. No way it would pay for the damaged, but did you get the meat at least?

Around here the DNR claims the deer belong to them. We have hoops to jump through to get hunting permits and all sorts of regulations to follow. I've always felt the DNR should have to pay repairs when one of THEIR DEER run into our vehicles. . . .
. . . Just back from knocking on an old burr oak. . . I've managed to miss all the deer around here -- so far. Perhaps it's because I don't spend a lot of time driving at dusk or dawn, but there are more deer than people per acre out here. I've been a lucky girl.
I find it hilarious when I red neck goes by with a hit deer on their hood, or in the back of a truck. A deer is a lot of meat, and a shame to waste.
I would hate to have to jump through hoops to hunt, around here a lot of people feed their families, neighbors, and friends on what they raise, and hunt.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Cane! So glad the damage was relatively minor, and that you didn't get injured. Now you need to figure out why your truck is a deer magnet.:\

Kid#1 hit a deer and totaled his truck, and I hit one and caused about $2500 damage. Hopefully that fulfills the lifetime family deer versus vehicle quota.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe you should look into deer whistles. Some claim they don't work, some claim they do. Nothing worse than a beat up truck by a bunch of looney kamikaze deer, unless it would be a beat up YOU. Stay safe. Too bad you didn't at least get the satisfaction of picking up a truck load of fresh meat.

Latest posts