Dehydrating carrots

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put those carrots in the frig all day. Read to boil water and cover them and I did that and when time to cook supper, it took awhile before they were ready to eat. They tasted good, but for cooking that long, I would rather put in soup.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just went to an LDS warehouse that is 12 min from my home. I had no idea they existed until I read on a prepper reddit that they are all over the US. Anyhoo - they had cans of dehydrated foods. I bought a #10 can of dehydrated carrots, amongst other things. I'm still going to dehydrate the two bags I have. Next week though.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just went to an LDS warehouse that is 12 min from my home. I had no idea they existed until I read on a prepper reddit that they are all over the US. Anyhoo - they had cans of dehydrated foods. I bought a #10 can of dehydrated carrots, amongst other things. I'm still going to dehydrate the two bags I have. Next week though.
I was just trying to figure if this was cheaper or if a good product when I was finished. I can buy 50 pounds of onions for 30 some cents a pound. I am not sure I want to though, but DD and also my brother could use them and turn some into powder.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Their carrots are delicious!

@Gardening with Rabbits They chip (chop?) their carrots for dehydrating. Small and uneven.

Their powdered milk is excellent too.

Latest posts