Dehydrating Peppers

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The dehydrator arrived today and I already have a couple of pounds of Jalapenos started.

I think maybe I should have waited until tomorrow because according to the directions they will be ready between 8pm and 3am tomorrow.

Lesson learned on reading the directions before using :lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
RidgebackRanch said:
The dehydrator arrived today and I already have a couple of pounds of Jalapenos started.

I think maybe I should have waited until tomorrow because according to the directions they will be ready between 8pm and 3am tomorrow.

Lesson learned on reading the directions before using :lol:
That's ok. You're a guy right? We wouldn't accept anything less. :D

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That's right Thistle! Also what ever room you put the machine in is going to smell strongly of whatever you are drying... choose wisely:D

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wish my poblanos would hurry up and turn already. It's not like I have very many, but sheesh.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pablano's turn? I've been stuffing them green. Oops

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well it took almost 20 hours. Next things will be cut into smaller pieces.

Very pleased with the results, dried ground Jalapenos smell like Heaven! :drool

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are going to dehydrate our jalapenos also, any tips besides putting them in a spare room? what temp did you run your dehydrator on? This seems like the best way to take care of our peppers, we do not have enough to can ever.

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hi Collector,

I would recommend slicing them into circles no more than 1/4" thick. As or temperature start out at 145 for the first few hours and then turn it down to 135 to finish.

A word of warning, when grinding the dried peppers know that the dust in the air will get you. Jalapenos were not that bad but Habaneros really made me gag... it was worth it:lol:

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
RidgebackRanch said:
Hi Collector,

I would recommend slicing them into circles no more than 1/4" thick. As or temperature start out at 145 for the first few hours and then turn it down to 135 to finish.

A word of warning, when grinding the dried peppers know that the dust in the air will get you. Jalapenos were not that bad but Habaneros really made me gag... it was worth it:lol:
Thanks that is the temps we used aprox. After my DW fire hands for all of yesterday we are handling them more carefully lol...:)

Latest posts