Delivery of Herbs

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have just had a nice surprise! :celebrate

I had forgotten that I had ordered some herbs from Jekka's Herb Farm

www.jekkasherbfarm.com/herbcare

There it was, by my side gate -- a lovely big box full of plants & packets of seeds. It had been beautifully packed so everything was in tip-top condition. I watered them immediately I unpacked them. :D

This is what I got:-

Plants:-

Korean Mint
Corsican Mint

Purple Coneflower
Yellow Iris

Lemon Verbena
French Tarragon

Seeds:-

Sea kale
Upright Pennyroyal
Painted Sage
Wormwood

I wanted to buy Sea kale plants but they had sold out for this year so I will have another go at growing them from seed. They are not the easiest of plants to get going but they are wonderful once established. I had one once (in my last garden) but when I was away, working abroad, my partner decided to clear up my herb garden & ripped it out.............!!!! :barnie

Now is the right time to sow it & there are 10 nice looking seeds so I should get a few plants. :fl You have to take the hard cover of the seed off ---Hmmm!! I can see these shooting off & me loosing everything. I think I will do it inside a bag or box...... :lol:

Happy Gardening everyone! :rainbow-sun

:rose Hattie :rose

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hooray!!! What an awesome suprise to go out and fine. Cool they deliver too!? Neat!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cool, what a great surprise to find herb plants delivered :weee

That painted sage sounds interesting does it have different colors on it?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you think Americans should try sea kale, Hattie?

Do you live where the mail is delivered twice each day? I'm getting rather tired of the UPS and Fedex vans that roar thru my neighborhood in a cloud of diesel smoke at any hour of the day. The drivers park in the middle of the street and walk as little as possible before tossing a package at our doorsteps.

I'm curious what you think of the Korean mint. I grew it a couple of years ago and could see very little difference with my anise hyssop. But, it was different, with a different taste and somewhat distinctively different once it was dried.

The Korean mint failed to survive the winter here, however. The anise hyssop, on the other hand, reseeds mightily :rolleyes:.

Steve

Latest posts