Desert Flowers

desertgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
that is for sure. One of the reasons I like the raised beds with the "covered wagon" look. It ireally help to protect things, and cuts down on the amount of water (always a consideration in the desert, as you know).

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I use the raised beds and the pvc,over the top to give it the covered wagon look and it works for me both to protect from frost but also wind and sun.

desertgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Like this?:D

6256_dsc01581.jpg

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Wow! My raised beds aren't that high off the ground but they're basically the same. I cover mine with plastic like you do but I take it off when the frost is gone and cover the top with shade cloth. I hadn't thought about using a pool though since I don't have little ones at home anymore I don't have them laying around. That's a good idea though.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes! Whatever works. I pruned roses today and I was a little late as they'd already started sprouting new leaf buds. They'll do all right though. I notived I have daffodils coming up also. We have another series of storms coming in by Tuesday so we';; have more rains and snow in the mountains.

desertgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I might try working on my roses this year-I've pretty much tried to kill them, but they are not having it. Maybe I'll start a thread...

desertgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just started a threae on this...could you give me (and others) some suggestions?:)

Latest posts