Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've been wanting a tractor for a while now. But, we just can't afford one that is big enough, to do everything we want to do.

Someone told us not to buy a tractor with a mowing deck, because we could use theirs. That didn't pan out because he just wasn't ever available when we needed it.

So, we started looking for a "garden tractor", looking at many different brands, sizes & stores (including Craig's List) - new & used. Price was definitely a factor. We were looking at a 24 hp tractor. But, after considering all factors, we finally decided to moving up to a 26 hp tractor, so we could pull a disc harrow behind it. I was SOOOO envious, when Baymule "disc-ed" the pig pen, after they went to the butcher! :D

We ended up getting a Husqvarna 26 hp with a 54" mowing deck.

This is for @baymule :frow. She asked to see photos of our new tractor. :)

0419161710-1.jpg
0419161711_HDR-1.jpg
0419161712a.jpg

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The wildflowers are out in East Texas! The counties, in the state, have broadcast wildflower seeds along the Farm to Market roads & they are just gorgeous right now!

Here are some shots I got last week when we pulled over to change our church sign.

The quality isn't the best, because I was using my cell phone. But, hopefully y'all can get an idea of how cool it is to drive around East Texas right now.

The Bumble Bees were all over the Chrome on Clover! {I HATE spell check! I typed Crimsom Clover & it changed it to Chrome! }:duc
0414161717-1-1.jpg

0414161724-1.jpg

0414161755b-1.jpg

0414161759-1.jpg
0414161755-1-1.jpg
0414161717b-1.jpg

0414161720a.jpg

Attachments

• 0414161716-1.jpg
    0414161716-1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have two eight year old rescue cats, that we got, as kittens, in Pennsylvania.

Porter is an orange Maine Coon Mix, that was found (at approximately 3 weeks of age), in the snow under a bush, with his 3 brothers, who were short hair gray Tabby's.

I found him, on PetFinder.com when he was 5 weeks old. He was a scrawny, little thing. At the time it was hard to tell what breed of cat he was. All I wanted was a cuddley (is that a word? Not sure of the spelling) cat. And boy did I get a sweet lap cat! :love

When he was about 4 months old, I realized he had long fur growing on the bottom of his feet. I did some research & learned that he was a classic Maine Coon cat. However, he never got as big as the purebred MC's. He is a svelt 15 pounds.

When I got him, I signed papers saying he would always be an indoor pet. Living in the big city that makes sense. However, here in the country . . . not so much. :p

Since our kitties have always been indoor cats, we won't let them roam, for fear a coyote might get them. So, we let them out in the fenced backyard. They love going out there for a few hours a day, to chase bugs & lay in the sun. One day, Porter had his eye on a sparrow, that flew into a nearby tree. He wanted that bird, so without thinking, he ran about 3 feet up the tree the bird landed in. All of a sudden, he realized what he had done. Since he had never climbed a tree before he panicked & jumped down. It was hilarious to watch! :lol:

Here is a photo, that I took from the back porch, after I let Porter out yesterday. It shows what a beautiful example of Maine Coon cat he is.
0419161751a-1.jpg

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet those are some good wildflower shots. Crimson clover grows rampant down the roadsides this time of year. We must have gotten some in hay, because we now have some growing on our place in a few spots. The Indian Paintbrushes are also a welcome sight. The little blue flowers look like Sweet William, but I don't think that's what they are. All are beautiful!

Ya'll are going to get so much work done, so much easier with your tractor!! :weee

Love the pictures of DH on the garden tractor!! I just have to ask, does he drive it around singing, "She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her on" ?? :lol::lol:

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Devonviolet those are some good wildflower shots. Crimson clover grows rampant down the roadsides this time of year. We must have gotten some in hay, because we now have some growing on our place in a few spots. The Indian Paintbrushes are also a welcome sight. The little blue flowers look like Sweet William, but I don't think that's what they are. All are beautiful!

Ya'll are going to get so much work done, so much easier with your tractor!! :weee

Love the pictures of DH on the garden tractor!! I just have to ask, does he drive it around singing, "She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her on" ?? :lol::lol:
:lol: :yuckyuck :lol:
:gig:gig:gig

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It would certainly turn me on. I've decided to keep track on CL and once I've paid off the "home entertainment" charges I'm going into debt for a tractor -- presuming I haven't found the one I want on CL by that time. I NEED a Marigold of my very own. Being old and weak, I need to work smarter not harder.

Latest posts