Did a squirrel do this? Grrrr

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack, wish you would just kill them. They are a rodent just like mice and rats. By re-locating them, you are making them someone else's problem. Squirrels are not endangered-unless they get in my garden....then they are in serious danger...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Increase the cat population. We NEVER had a squirrel problem in our tiny town UNTIL the coywolves (assisted by ONE bobcat), decimated the cat population. Now that the cats are returning the squirrel numbers are receding. My tulips were a mess last year, but this year I have plenty of flowers.

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I put my 15 year old son and his pellet rifle to good work! Now, I'm a firm believer in not wasting life, so he cleans them and i fry them like chicken.. my daughter LOVES fried squirrel. . Tastes like chicken! :gig

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Living in town it can be hard to shoot the tree rats and not get caught by some concerned citizen. I do think it is time to thin the numbers. We have so many always on birdfeeder or digging out flower pots. NAUGHTY devils. :somad

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, I agree with you. I hate the squirrels because they are always digging in the garden but you can't shoot them. To top it all, my neighbor feeds them! :mad:

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I lived in suburbia I fed them too, at the back of my live traps. They love black oils sunflower seeds. My neighbors knew what I was doing and did not object. That can be a problem in suburbia.

Latest posts