Digging into February

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow here this morning!
Left for church in sprinkles and came home through snowy roads and an accumulation of about an inch at the house.
Weird because we never saw a snowflake drop.
The sun is showing up in fits and starts now. :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just came back from a short ride around the neighborhood. The footing is finally good enough to get Luke out. For weeks the gravel roads have been as slick as frozen snot, not even grabby enough to hand walk him. We both greatly enjoyed it today, even though it started pouring as soon as I saddled up.
We are both really wet, but happy. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_1616.JPG
Between storms peach tree.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Yes ~ it's nice ~or it was ~ lots of good people ~ lota fun times ~ papa kept his fishing boat there ~ I use to toot the horn ~ so they'ed raise the bridge ~ but even though the boat was small enough to pass under ```
There's / there was / a whole bunch of culture there ~ in that area ~ I got my Grape Press there ~ close by ~ when helping some people move ``` I'll bet it's gone the way of most areas ~ as time passes and they grow and change ```

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
View attachment 18635 Between storms peach tree.
You are so lucky with your peach tree!! I pruned mine last year and only took the topmost branches. Just when we think it's Spring and the peach tree, too, thinks it is Spring, we get a frost and the flowers fall off, ALL except the ones up high. So MY peach tree looks more like a cypress.

Latest posts