Digging into February

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well it was frosty this a.m. but the sun is shining bright. I expect it to be warm later today. Probably in the 60's. We have cold spells but usually not more than a few days at most. We have seasons but the only long, hard one is summer, lol.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
An amazing mess!

We have had 3/4" of rain and the storm has not yet passed through. My snow berm along the driveway have dropped about a foot and shrunk by about a third! Where is all that water going? Thankfully, the soil under the snow was protected by that white insulation: it must not have been frozen deeply because ~ where I didn't shovel that snow off :(, the water is draining nicely. Even the cracks in the asphalt on the road leading out from my driveway seems to be allowing the huge puddle to drain without overflowing back down my driveway!

I avoided taking the garbage out the back door to the garage as long as I could. It's slightly downhill and shaded. It will all be mud soon but much of it is water-covered ice right now. With the recyclables, I had to make 3 trips! Made them without incident!

Steve :D

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I heard spring peepers tonight, y'all. :th Never heard them this early that I can recall. The bluebirds are building nests in the bluebird houses and the males are fighting all over the meadow for territory.

I'll be sleeping with my window open tonight, it's that warm. This has been one mixed up winter! I've been getting good laying in the coop for most of the winter and that increases daily, buds are out on the peach trees and lilac bushes, with the honeysuckle starting to sprout green shoots.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The robins showed up, flying all over and singing. They were in the mountain ash trees eating those red berries. One of the boxes that’s been buried in snow is starting to thaw enough to show the dirt and it is not frozen. There is spinach there. It looks just like when it snowed months ago, green and alive, I think alive.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have had an unusually warm winter in my area too. And barely enough snow to cover the ground. Once. Supposed to be 71 degrees tomorrow, and warmer later in the week.

Latest posts