Dipped in Honey

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here's a fine Moss of a different type.

mossdandelion.jpg

I will not remove the Dandelion till she has gone to seed! Yes It is a weed but it is a favorite snack for my girls! I promote there growth.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey BDR any word on those moss rose?

I spotted a few seed pods in those pictures you posted.

Are they looking there utmost or found there way into the compost?

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, so far they look to be surviving - blooming, even. Yes, it does look like there are several seed pods on them. Do I wait for the pods to dry up before plucking? Your picture of moss roses are the ones I have always seen....

homestead holdout

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That is for sure portulaca. At our house in Florida it re-seeds itself every year even though here in Seattle is an annual and does nothing of the sort.... Based on your geography I think you can do anything.... Likes hot and lame soil, its grows in the worst sandy/shelly/soil I've ever seen in Florida. Gotta love it for that!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
Well, so far they look to be surviving - blooming, even. Yes, it does look like there are several seed pods on them. Do I wait for the pods to dry up before plucking? Your picture of mock-roses are the ones I have always seen....
If you wait the pods will fall from the "plant" and the seeds will be spread about. See the pics with the pods and a set of leaves on the stem I have posted one the first page? I would collect them this way. Still green but with some plant matter to finish off there procedure before falling from the plant.

H Holdout sounds well seasoned North and South. This could be very helpful, as I feel a gap being a true southern redneck (see my photo in the "My family section, my neck is red! )

What I do seems to not apply for most others being I am semitropical.

BDR If you ever need seed I would be happy to hook you up.

homestead holdout

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
H Holdout sounds well seasoned North and South. This could be very helpful, as I feel a gap being a true southern redneck (see my photo in the "My family section, my neck is red! )
I had to laugh at myself, sounding like "our house here, our house there, our house on the riviera - lol" I was actually born in Florida, moved to Alaska, now WA. So "our house" in Florida is my grandparents house that they paid off and now just sits since they've passed, and we go down whenever we can afford a vaca, on the Intercoastal Waterway - Indian Rocks Beach. It is so true though being a gardener and ALWAYS missing something that I cant grow when I'm in different Geo's. It's the classic you cant have it all... When I'm in FL I cant believe how some of my herbs just bust, others I cant grow. Then there is the futile attempts to have citrus of any kind in Seattle that keeps me longing for tropics! And in AK, whoa, that's a super long story. They drive tourists past my Dads house because he is "the only guy who can grow corn in Fairbanks." I'm proud him, master gardener in AK.. You have to have a greenhouse and bust alot of move over the short but insanely productive (24hr sun) season....

So I have a question about "pages" you know the "view personal page" seems no one makes them here? Love the pics in the family section but it would be so cool if you'd make a page! I actually copied my SS page over to here and modified a little, I'm lazy that way....

Chicks_N_Horses

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have those. Rose Moss is what I call it. They make beautiful cascading plants. I love them! I have them planted in a window box right now.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Chicks_N_Horses said:
I have those. Rose Moss is what I call it. They make beautiful cascading plants. I love them! I have them planted in a window box right now.
Hey welcome to the board.

Got any pictures this sounds nice.

Latest posts