Disappointed in Cherokee Purples

the lemon tree

Leafing Out
Reaction score
journey11 said:
I've got a couple of those too. First time with both!
Ditto! By the looks of it, the Black Krim might be my first ripe tomato of the season. Still a few weeks to go though. Soooo excited!

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Black Krim is my alltime *FAVORITE* tomato! :love I love the flavor and texture. Couldn't find them this year, and my seeds didn't come up... :( Oh well, there is always next year!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was wondering anyway, but now that we're on the subject--are black krim supposed to be potato leafed? Of the seedlings I grew (from seed I got in a trade), about half were and half were not. Is this a genetic throwback or were they maybe crossed over with something else? I was planning to save seed from them... They are just starting to form tiny green tomatoes, so I don't know yet if the fruit will be true to type. The potato leafed plants have the fattest, healthiest-looking foliage I've ever seen. The leaves are as big as my hand!

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have Cherokee Purple and Black Krim in my garden this year, I will try both of them (that is, if they EVER produce a tomato, the BK's have 3 flowers total between two plants . . . ) and tell everybody my opinion.

I am looking forward to them both, though in the Hybrid Vs. Heirloom Stakes, the hybrids have the edge right now -- 2 tomatoes to 0 tomatoes.

Whitewater

Latest posts