Do bees...

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Um, any particular reason you're asking? Considering taking one on the merry-go-round and want to know whether to bring a barf bag? :p

Pat

Gazinga

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
well, considering that the "dizzy" feeling comes from a change in balance in the inner ear, and bees lack an inner ear, i doubt they get dizzy.
:idunno

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, they don't have human-style inner ears, but they certainly do have other structures to provide orientation to gravity (I do not offhand know the details, but statocysts etc are common in arthropods) and presumably derangement of that could produce the same result.

Pat

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok...

My thought process being I watched a bee land on my wind chime dial on a very windy day. It spun around and around and around... then the spin got so tight it reversed... and it spun around and around...you get the point!

Anyways, I watched it, left, came back it was still spinning!!! It went on most of the day until I finally noticed it was gone. I was just wondering if the little guy was all dizzy and throwing up (...and swearing to himself on his way home).

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Maybe he was injured or disoriented?

I think I have seen bees that have been unsuccessfully attacked by spiders, so they have maybe been injected with some of the poison, and I think they act kind of like that, but it is hard to guess what happened without picking the bee up and looking it over. :/

Latest posts