Do NOT Call Registry #

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last week I have been inundated with telemarketing calls. :barnie A new scam call starts with a lady with a US voice introducing a message, press one. goes to India boiler room... do you have credit card debt... we have 3% interest rate , so transfer your credit card ballance to us... what is your credit card debt, etc., I hung up. A scam all the way as when they get your credit card numbers, they can put a charge on it too. :he So, I once again called and put my phone on the National No Call List . Here is the number if you whant it. 1-888 - 382 - 1222 . :caf

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you are not on our caller list, we dont answer

all our phones have the basic general message..
hi this is soin so, sorry can not come to phone now please leave you name and number with a message and we will get to you as soon as possible...

no message no call back.......

the do not call list is worthless, just a another way to gather more information about you...

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
read the information there first because i thought if you were already on the list it doesn't expire and that if you do give them your number again it resets the 30 day period where telemarketers will still be able to call you?

also, the criminals overseas don't care about the DNC list. i just hang up and don't say anything at all to them. most of the time we have the ringer off and let the answering machine take the calls. i'll be sitting here and voices come out of the background and then i have to grab the phone if it is someone i actually do want to talk to.

i much prefer e-mail anyways...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
read the information there first because i thought if you were already on the list it doesn't expire and that if you do give them your number again it resets the 30 day period where telemarketers will still be able to call you?

also, the criminals overseas don't care about the DNC list. i just hang up and don't say anything at all to them. most of the time we have the ringer off and let the answering machine take the calls. i'll be sitting here and voices come out of the background and then i have to grab the phone if it is someone i actually do want to talk to.

i much prefer e-mail anyways...

yes if we are watching tv and we know the number that come up, we answer

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just let my answering machine screen my calls. Friends know to start talking long enough for me to get to the phone.

Mary

Last edited:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lately I've been putting all those calls on my "reject this call" list, on my cell phone. I noticed yesterday that I have been getting calls from numbers that are on my reject list. I don't know how this is happening.
If it was a real person on the line, I would talk to them, and try to sell them life insurance or a medic alert bracelet, but it is just a recording. (the few times I have answered)
I have an older phone, a galaxy S 5, so maybe it is not being supported by that "reject"function anymore. Really aggravating.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I answer every call I can.
I just give the scammers some of their own medicine.
The other day one wanted Jane to talk to her about the back brace medicare will "possibly" provide free, through their company.
I said, you're talking to Jane, she said no Jane a woman's name, I said I don't know what country you're calling from, but where I'm from Jane is a man's name and I'm not happy that you don't support my culture.
She says this not funny, Jane must be in lot of pain and I wana to talk to her.
She must of told me how unfunny I was about 3 times before she hung up!!!!
Some people are soooo rude.

THANX RICH

Latest posts