Do they really eat this?

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am very much for simplicity. It's when additions are made especially that experiences can develop into an acquired taste, or not.

They say, an anthropologist is a scientist who doesn't believe in the germ theory of disease. It doesn't quite have to apply to food. Some home cooks anywhere are very conscientious about cooking - everything. And, if boiled in a pot is the way to cook everything, then boiled it is. Rare beef? What are you, some kind of a barbarian?!

Sometimes, it is best to find out sometime later what was in a meal, just to maintain social harmony. Like the time I was able to easily identify the tripe but it seemed that what I was eating with it was a rather strange vegetable. There were smiles when I inquired later from others not at the table about the grass-like green ingredient in the soup. Yep, I had been eating the contents of the cow's stomach. Which of the four, I didn't research further.

Steve 🤠
I've eaten tripe with cous cous, it was really tasty. I don't think I would try it again but who knows, if anyone is hungry and that's is all there is to eat then maybe I would.

Latest posts