Do you have an 'outdoor room' - and what do you use it for?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I bought the country home there was a large 3 season room. I thought it would be the room I used most and set it up as living room / dinning room. I hardly ever used it, more and more boxes started being put in there as time went by. I finally enclosed the walls and added windows now a storage room.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I look at pictures of these fabulous outdoor rooms I have to wonder just who is keeping it so picture perfect and pretty?

That's what I always think too! :gig Think of the dust, bugs and bird offerings that would quickly build up there and how often one would have to give it a thorough cleaning from top to bottom to look that pretty.

I'd say those belong to people with houses on an estate and they have hired help to maintain the glamor of it all.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
These are a few views of our screen room and honestly we did use it when we
first moved in October now it seems to be more of staging room/dog room as
both outside dogs sleep in there or the barn

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 149

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like that, Buckabucka! It's a nice place to relax.

Penny, you have a lot of possibilities for your little room. Like me, perhaps someday you will get yours the way you envision it to be.

My 'room' is a lot like buckabucka's with concrete floor and glassed in space, but I fear it makes PennyJo's look perfect. Now that I have all the time in the world, I'm hoping to finally get it finished.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ours here was built up from the deck, I do believe it started as a wrap around
deck from the front view you see the office next to it is the screen room those
steps go up to the screen room

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 167
  • ISlyo8px7g0xhk1000000000.jpg
    ISlyo8px7g0xhk1000000000.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 139

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have porches...but I doubt they could be called outdoor rooms, though it's sort of what we use them for :D

I think they are lovely and I found a few on the net that I liked the looks of, though I'd have much, much more comfy furniture and a hanging swing, and maybe even a swing bed on it.

Here's a pretty one....but the furniture seems a tad minimal and spindly for such a big and sturdy room.

Kraft-Addition.jpg

We'd use it for entertaining, for visiting with family, for Sunday afternoon naps in the early spring or in the fall, for keeping the canning heat out of the house, for solitude and for fellowship.

Could never have such a thing here, though....the chickens would make a mess of it.
um how did you get this photo of my house?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you think back yard deck killed the porch? I love old houses, many where built with front porches, they where very important before AC. People in towns would socialize at night on the porch. Big wrap around porches where the common, 2nd floor where called sleeping porches. As a kid I remember people even putting TVs out on porch in summer. Now very few houses built have porches, if they do there small maybe half size. Do you think back yard decks or desire for privacy killed the front porch?

Latest posts