Do You Leave A Light on at Night ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ever since being broken into and robbed, I started leaving lights on at night. At work I leave a lamp on in office and outside light by door on. City house I leave lights on by front and back doors, no inside light on. Country house there is no street lights very dark. I have motion lights up all around house. If I have guests I leave night light on in both kitchen and bathrooms. Do you sleep with a light on?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a few small solar motion lights near the house - with plans to add several more along the paths from the drive to the house, from the house to the coop, from the coop to the barn.
There is nothing quite like being 100' from the house and getting that creepy feeling of some horrible monster standing right behind you.....
(which happens to me now and then... once, I couldn't let the dogs out until the sun came up because I convinced myself that if I turned on the light out side the sliding glass door there would be something horrible standing there looking back at me... :hide )

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The truth is, I have always had "dreams" that look like ghosts. Except I wake up and my eyes are open and I see things. Some are frightening and some are actually pleasant angel visions.I am not frightened by these dreams if a bit of a light is on. Your fears are from real things. All the more reason to keep the lights on.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
cane I once convinced myself Bigfoot was outside my door. All night I kept going back and forth about tiring to get his photo. I chickened out, funny thing is a found a video about all these people a couple towns over that swear they seen him on the mountain.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
cat my grandma saw and talked to ghosts every night. She was very religious so she called them angels.
When my brother died 25 years ago my children were little. The saw him and talked to him for about a year. I finally realized I had to release him. I did not see him but I did feel his presence. I saw very real angels 3 different times. Their beauty takes your breath away. But the scary ones.....My kids used to say they only come out when it's dark.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
cane I once convinced myself Bigfoot was outside my door. All night I kept going back and forth about tiring to get his photo. I chickened out, funny thing is a found a video about all these people a couple towns over that swear they seen him on the mountain.
I do believe their are all kids of bigfoot through out the world. I love bigfoot TV shows! Millions of people have seen them. There are rural communities where all of the citizens believe in them because most have seen them I would LOVE to see one but I am sure I would be terrified. I always say I hope bigfoot is real and aliens are not.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We leave a small light on in the kitchen, and all the bedrooms have night lights. Outside is dark, but there is a motion light shining towards the parking area.
As far as bigfoot and ghosts.....I don't not believe, but I find most accounts of them not very believable.
When I was in college, I did a paper on the ghostly places in South East Missouri. I spent a lot of time in "known" haunted houses. I did what I could to open my senses up to be aware of spirits, after saying a cleansing prayer to keep away evil spirits. I can't honestly say I sensed anything in any of the places I went during that time, but there was a house for sale in my town that I got a strange feeling at, years before. It just felt malevolent. And like I was being watched.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope. The melatonin uptake is too important to my immune system, so no lights no matter how softly lit they may be. We have motion sensor lights at front and back of the house for nighttime visitors and we leave a light on in the kitchen when we know we'll be returning late at night to a dark house, but that's about it.