Do you work in the garden Barefoot?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I honestly think to each their own! They have found their is a strand of staph infection going around on some beach here in NC. Its spreading through sand to people with open soars on their feet. Its a anti-biotic resistant strand as well!

No one is ever perfectly safe anywhere they are, and no matter what they are doing.

Its about being comfortable and enjoying life in the now. So comfortable with shoes or your toes in the nude is alright with me.

I saw this on a Tweet in my twitter account, and decided to share it and ask what you all did. :bun

Gazinga

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
hey vfem, sounds like you might think we took your post a littel too seriously......

not the cased here, i just love wiggling the piggies! And for those of you who commented about not wanting to walk barefoot in the garden becasue of trhe chicken poo in there, .....i can remeber my dad telling about how he enjoyed going out to the outhouse at night when he was a child becasue he got to walk through the chiken run and feel the chicken poo squish between his toes! .........um even i dont go that far...................but as you said, each to his own.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Vfem,

I suppose it is true that I am just a big Delicate Flower!

I think your post was a worthy one; there are risks no matter what the environment, and risk is a part of life; I agree.

I probably would be standing there (in my shoes) with my mouth opened wide if I did see someone tromping through a garden and digging without shoes, but that is not to say the 'naked toed' person is the crazy one! :rolleyes:

So here is to all the Nude Feet....such brave souls. :)

Ron

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's another view... I am in my garden barefoot often... but while working with tools I do not go barefoot. I like to harvest while just wondering around the yard.

I just didn't want this thread to die... it was coming across with some good stuff, so I had to pick it back up. :watering

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wanted to post a picture of my feet but the dear Eby said
" No wait until they are black, they look way to clean for a picture now"

Darn the rain, keeping things so clean!

Edited to add Eby says "Your feet are shoes"
I wanted to do that fire walk thing a few years ago they had around here, but it got rained out! I was ready!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I use to like to go barefoot but since I started keeping chickens and bees its lost it's appeal.
The chickens free range so there is the obvious, then there are the bees that like to crawl around on the grass and clover.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Injunjoe's feet :lol:

hobbit_feet.jpg

Too funny, now that you said you are going to post pictures of your feet I am a bit scared to come back to this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well thank you but my feet are not nearly that nice looking.
Are those shorts? pants? short pants? This I just don't get!!

So easy a cave man can do it!
4952803.gif

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
someone needs a little pedicure :p

speaking of pedicure the only thing I can seriously say is if you get one ..wear clean socks and shoes afterwards..that is another risky thing

you get your feet taken care of but they dig around the toenails and then if you walk around even in flip flops you have a lot of points of entry for bacteria

I think to each his own as well we all do things that have an edge of risk and that we enjoy .....I actually used to hike barefoot here on our loamy trails it felt so freaking good ..but I like my feet clean soft, I even paint my toenails and feeling good and really it is my own deal .good sturdy boots and great gloves are my main gear for the garden ...

just check your feet often take good care of them and be careful where you step is all I am thinking ...our feet are so important you can enjoy them naked just make sure you are good to them :)

and honestly I love my boots they also feel good give my feet great support and are ..well ..my boots :) I garden on a hill if I went barefoot by the time I was done my feet would be in agony

I can not drive a shovel with flip flops or clogs..I have tried and ended up hurting myself

am I the only one who wears geeky heavy leather boots in the garden?

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wear boots every day. If I wear sneakers I forget they are on me and then they are worn out in less than 2 months. I have gone through so many shoes in the garden that my SO gets on me about it. Last year I went through 8 pairs of shoes.

So I finally found an outlet that sells Georgia Boots. OMG, these boots are so soft and so comfortable; they have Vibrum soles and are made with soft pigskin (the best leather for gardeners). My feedstore began carrying them.

Here take a look at the selections they have:
http://www.georgiaboot.com/

I swear I can sleep in these boots. :cool:

Ron

Latest posts