Documentary FRESH on youtube

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting this. Very interesting!

As an aside: I want to be Joel Salatin when I grow up. :)

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just sat and watched it all the way through. What an inspirational documentary.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wife, I see the part with the gentleman in Milwaukee(?) with the urban farm. I see the fish he's farming and the pump system to get the water waste up to the plants. Is this they system you've been using with your duck pond?

I am extremely curious?! :p

Speaking of which... I HAVE to figure out a pump system for our pond to run to our gardens this year... I just HAVE to!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am not raising people food fish, but duck food fish. However he is so right about plants pulling so many nutrients out of the water. Without the plants the pond water gets nasty FAST!!!

In the fall you can tell when the plants are winding down. You go from perfect clear water to WTH!?!?!?! in a couple of days!

The integrated system DOES work though. I am going to see if I can get the cash together to try raising crayfish in the pond this summer. Then maybe next summer I will try food fish. :D

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was also interested in the tilapia pool with the pumps to circulate the water through the plants! We're considering putting in a pond of some kind and I'd like to raise fish to eat.

Thanks for posting the link, I enjoyed watching it.

-Wendy

Latest posts