Does Anyone Know About This Organic Company in California?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just got contacted by an employee of this company:
http://jennifermccolm.com/web/

From what I read they are huge, but I'm not exactly sure what they want. They honestly told me they want to put in a small order and test my product for market?

But my confusion is they seem to center around organic/natural products created in California? Maybe they don't realize I'm in NC?

Anyways... I would like to get some info if possible from some of you, I know many of you are in California and may know the company?

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Never heard of them.. I'm in the LA area and found their list of markets but haven't visited any of them as I've got closer FM's.. It seems like an organization that sets up farmers markets.. Not sure that you can even buy anything from them.. Confused!!:/

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
RickF said:
Never heard of them.. I'm in the LA area and found their list of markets but haven't visited any of them as I've got closer FM's.. It seems like an organization that sets up farmers markets.. Not sure that you can even buy anything from them.. Confused!!:/
See, that's the thing. I don't want to buy from them, they want to buy from me on behalf of this company? They want me to call and talk about samples, and a small purchase. Then come back with marketing information?! I don't understand.... all I know is they want to talk about my products.

I am gathering they are all Cali area, and again, I'm NC so what good would it do for them?

I was just hoping someone has heard of them, did farm work with them, or knew about anyone working one of their markets?

:/

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't heard of them nor have I been to any of those markets. I live about 25mins from the nearest one. Hope you get some input from someone.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah me too... they are making this sound like a possible business deal.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry Vfem, I haven't heard of her. But up here they are starting to really build up the farmers markets to be more "upscale". Years past they only sold flowers and produce. Now they are really expanding. Our small local market, now has an upscale bakery that sells their breads, olive oils, handmade soaps, orchids, various ethinic foods, etc. and ours is just a tiny farmers market in Alameda.

I haven't been to the farmers market in S.F. That one is just too hugh for me. Tons of vendors all selling the same produce. They are next to the ferry building which has some very upscale expensive specialty shops and restuarants.

It looks like this Jennifer is the producer/coordinator for these new types of markets. I think she is trying to expand the products offered and may be interested in your jams. Looks like the new one in L.A. that she has started is pretty big and varied.

Hope this helps.
Mary

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hey, I just clicked her website you listed, and our computer stuff put on a warning that her site contains malware that can harm your computer, so I backed out. Be cautious - she may not be legit.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, from what I see... she is listed on the Toyota website as a partner. She's connected to some pretty big companies it appears, and I do see her company listed with whom she claims on her site on the other sites as well.

I'm just making sure this isn't like the art 'reps' that used to come after me all the time. Art Reps want to get paid for going around to galleries and art shows across the country trying to get them to show your stuff. And even if these places show you, no promise they will show you long enough to get a sale... and you still have to pay the reps! :barnie Even if you NEVER got a job, or gig. :smack

Anyways... I will be calling them on Monday, I've just been too busy today. Still baking and canning... and probably will be in the kitchen until after 1am!

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yeah, I typed her name in google and she sounds big name. Funny, no computer warnings then. Just make sure someone isn't contacting you pretending to be associated with her. Careful with giving out personal info. and agreeing to pay fees,-you know that. I'm leery after that con artist kept calling me, pretending to be from a law office, saying I was going to be arrested for fraud. After I didn't return her three messages she quit calling. Maybe it had to do with me reporting her to the FTC. If I'd ever been home when she called, I was going to tell her that 3 squares and a cot didn't sound too bad to me right now, so I'd just wait for the deputy to bring the papers. Anyhow, this just could be your lucky break - you never know. Your picture could be on a label sitting next to Paul Newman's,sharing a shelf together. If a contact from this lady really contacted you, your merchandise is getting well-known and appreciated!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was wondering about that too, but they gave me the company number to contact them by listed on their website as well.

We'll see whats up come Monday! ;)