Does your garden have a name, mine does.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Some people give there properties a name, their houses or cottages also, when we raised rabbits our rabbrity had a name 'Briarcrest'. Our neighbor's little house was called 'Kent Cottage'. Back in the 80's come summer DH and I did a lot of salt water fishing, in fact when the fishing was good we were out there practically every day, needless to say my garden got neglected. Well all good things come to an end, either it was too windy to get out there or the fish had stopped biting soooo, back to gardening,
I couldn't find my rabbiting spade, one of my favorite tools, after much searching I found the little sucker hidden in you guessed, weeds, if I had waited much longer it would have completely disappeared. See what I mean :rolleyes:.
DSCN1659.JPG
So this is the name I picked for my garden
DSCN4123.JPG
It's on a little wooden gate that separates, the back garden from my little courtyard, the gate is very old and will have to be replaced soon, If I was smart I'd buy the wood now, leave it out in the sun to age.

A couple of pictures of the flower side of my garden, I do grow stuff other than beans:).

a.Spring in the Garden.JPG DSCN5366.JPG
DSCN5331.JPG DSCN4978.JPG

My garden is forever changing, small yard :(. I'd love to see some pictures of your gardens, or pictures of some of your favorite flowers.

Annette

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Garden name should be death valley. House does have name Turtle Cottage. There is a breeding population of Blanding turtles, they are on the Endangered species list.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden is really lovely Annette. You pack a lot of interest in a small spot. There's so much to look at!

I don't have a name for my garden. Things are kind of spread all over around here. I have a vision of the completed view in my head, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to anybody just strolling through.

The one spot I have that is a sort of "destination" where dh and I like to sit and watch the hummers in the summer we just call the picket garden. Maybe I should give a more meaningful name.
Like yours it changes a lot too as I shift things around or find some must haves and shoe horn them in.

Jacob Cline monarda is a favorite, and it's a keeper. There will always be a place for it. And all of my clematis are also up there at the top of my keepers.

garlic harvest picket gardenjuly 13 012.JPG garlic harvest picket gardenjuly 13 010.JPG

A view over the fence to the front yard from the picket garden.

sprinkler moose july 2014 019.JPG ech & bflies coop huck me 001.JPG

Last years garden with a paver project.

DSCN2923.JPG DSCN2922.JPG

Sorry for the photo bomb...:oops: :hide

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, you have a beautiful garden also! Love all the different beds and you know I like paths so I like that one too!

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
While I don't have a name for my home/gardens, I do have several theme gardens that are named. Marissa is my oldest grandchild. Her garden is Marissa's English Cottage Garden which is around the garden shed. Next is Tristan's Woodland Walk. Trey's garden hasn't been started, but it will be Trey's Zoo Garden. Connor's Butterfly Garden, Maverick's Wildflower Labyrinth, and Gypsy's Moon Garden make up the rest.

Labor on the themed gardens I started before I retired needs to be revamped now that I am in better health.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@ninnymary , thank you, if you saw my garden right now it wouldn't looks as good, in fact it's a sodden mess, I don't do much cleanup in the fall, today it was shirtsleeve temps so did a little bit of cleanup in my garden room, watered the planter and washed down all the chairs stored there for the winter, the fish are still not active. The Daphne is just about to explode it's fragrance :).

@Nyboy , 'Death Valley' :lol:, I doubt it, but I love the name, in fact I think I'll have a 'Death Valley' sign made up to hang on the gate in the winter, so appropriate for my garden during the winter. I too have several wrought iron obelisks scattered throughout the garden, I have a clematis on one but the others just stand alone.

@thistlebloom thank you, OMG I'm in love with your flagstone path :drool, anything to do with stone work gets me excited and believe you me, there's not much that does anymore.
Also I believe I bought a small pot of 'Jacob Cline' last fall no blooms, seeing yours I'll be running out to the pot ghetto fingers crossed it made it through the winter, yours is so pretty. Lovely clematis, I have quite a few scattered around the garden. We should start a clematis thread later on when they're blooming. Last fall I planted 2 Jackmanii's with the golden hops vine that covers an arch over a garden bench, now the thing is to see if this worked or not. At least they're both cut back in the spring so I won't have to worry about untangling them.

Love the pictures, keep them coming, so nice to see after the blahs of winter.... anyone growing Cardiocrinums? I have two different ones, the main plant dies after flowering but not before making pups. these take up to four years before they'll bloom. This one bloomed last year, the fragrance in the evening comes right through our kitchen window, lovely.
DSCN6055.JPG
DSCN6061.JPG

Annette

Latest posts