Dog Day(s)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Husbands Dog, William Vom Wapsi. He is 13 and much grayer now.
He is a Wachtelhund. (German hunting breed)
Will summer 2011 (2).jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew up with a German Shorthair Pointer with that coloring, @Carol Dee . She was a couple of years older than I was and lived to be 15 or 16.

Otis reminds me of my pugs. At the same time, I was a puppy-sitter for a French Bulldog for a day. DW who doesn't like pets in the house wasn't too happy that DD thought she could have a dog --- while living in an apartment where they were not allowed. DD "dumped" the little pup on us for the day. Fortunately, she had a friend who wanted her also. The last I heard, the little Frenchie had lived to about 10 or 11 with that young lady.

Garbanzo the Dog isn't all that much fun (or trouble) for us as dog-sitters. DD says that she is usually very quiet at home and about 20 hours of her day is spent lying down, asleep. She does want to go places. If she is here and we have to go somewhere without her, we must be very sneaky about our departure.

I can certainly understand people who have acquired a dog over the last ... approximately 315 days. Yep. I'm envious.

Steve

Latest posts