Dog Warden Just Called Me About My Dad

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our place is completely fenced in. Our dogs never run loose. Never. And I sure don't want anyone else's dogs on our place either. Strays wind up as coyote snacks. I have run over a few dogs in my lifetime, I was upset but I'm not wrecking my car to miss a dog. If people really cared about their dog, they'd keep them put up, not out in the road. I would never stop for a dog I ran over either. People that let their dogs run loose would shoot you for running over their dog, or expect you to pay the vet bills. Not happening. Go back to; if you love your dog that much, then keep it put up.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
here it doesn't seem to be much of a problem with dogs running around loose because an owner just lets them. it is mostly an owner that doesn't know they got loose or the dog bolted from something frightening them & pulls the leash from the owners grip.

but i know from growing up in a neighborhood that was mostly close knit that we knew everyone's dogs & they all seemed to be on a schedule doing rounds to see other dogs or owners for treats. right now my father has a neighbor's dog that is like this. it is the only one in the neighborhood now that is allowed to do this. she greets my dad on nice weather days for treats, sticks around for some time watching what he's doing in his garage or around the yard & then will travel back home on the back street to she her mom for the late day walk.