Dogs can plan (at least mine can)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is a true story of two of our dogs, one Bug a wise older former street (dropped) dog, and Sasha the young impetuous, gullible, jealous girl. We have a sofa they sit on, usually they share it w/o problems, but sometimes Sasha will spread all out to cover the whole sofa, leaving Bug to have to sit on the area rug on the floor. Bug adores her sister and wouldn't ever get aggressive w/ Sasha, so when she wants on the sofa, this is what she does, she has done it many, many ...times so we know it is purposeful. She will loudly w/ pomp walk over to either Gary or I looking back to make sure Sasha is paying attention. When she gets to us she will ask to be petted, when we start petting her she will adjust her position to get us to scratch her back, and turn her head and look straight at Sasha and make grunting or happy noises to get her point across. Now Sasha can't handle anyone getting petted if she isn't, let alone a back scratch!!!!! She will watch w/ great interest until she can't stand it and she will come down off the sofa and present herself right next to Bug for her petting / scratching. As you have probably already guessed Bug makes a bee line straight for the empty sofa, to enjoy her spot. The funniest part of the whole saga is no matter how many times Bug does this Sasha NEVER gets it, she is soooo blonde.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have a dog that does something similar, when my wife is sitting in the chair it likes the best, he will go to the door and act like he wants out. As soon as she gets up to let him out he watches how far she gets from chair and bee lines to it.
He wins every time!!!!

THANX RICH

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
These remind me of the TV programs that show the incredibly smart dogs. Wouldn't it be great if all dogs were worked with to find their true potential, bringing out that genius in them? (Maybe we should start with doing that for people, then move up to dogs)

Latest posts