Dog's favorite .....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
place to pee. :barnie
8098_045.jpg

EVERY time William goes out to piddle. He does it here. The Siberian Iris did not bloom this year. It was hotter and much drier than normal plus all that pee! Any chance it will recover? I plan to move the fenceing out some. It was put there to keep him from running over the fall area of the water feature instead of walking around.
p.s. notice I posted this in the pest catagory! DOGS.... :barnie

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think they will come back. My Japanese Iris leaves look exactly like that this time of year. I just gently pull the dried up ones and wait for spring....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is why all future dogs ( and cats ) will be females around here! I feel your frustration CD! I'd give it a could deep soaking to dilute the salts and move your barrier back a bit. It should come back tho'.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh I feel your pain! My Maizy is a female and ruins my grass. My dad worked so hard when I first moved into this place to give me golf course grass- sprinkler system, seeding, fertilizing, aerating, weed control, and more fertilizer. Then I got a dog who burns up my grass- IN MY FRONT YARD. Your plant will come back, it just needs a little TLC and a little less pee :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
If ya can't beat them, join them! Kiiiidddinggggggg!!!

I vote for taking the Iris out and putting them somewhere on the other side, and putting sand and gravel where the doggy pee pees. Or some of those kitty litter silicon crystals that look so cool.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Many years ago there was a show Rebecca's garden. She claim that to stop yellow spots in lawn from dogs; add 2 table spoons of tomato juice to their food. You had to do this everyday, the tomato juice changed the ph of urine. I never tryed it.

Latest posts