Done planting!!! How is your garden growing???

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Us too, Lucky - too early for anything that doesn't like frost and cold nights, though our days are sunny and beautiful now. We do have lots of lettuce going strong, the garlic is looking great and should be ready in June, snap peas are growing like crazy, and our new asparagus bed is ferning up nicely. Can't wait to get the warmer weather crops in, though.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wonderful my corn just broke the soil last nite!! only have a dozen or so out for a trial but I'm excited the first tie I planted Corn!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't believe you're done!!! SLOW DOWN!

I need to catch up....quick quick quick.... :barnie

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
nOt done!!! I can't get my sweet potato slips to grow! and I haven't been able to buy any!!!!! :ep
thought my dog was chasing butterflies, and he comes back to me all excited about pulling up my Blackberries!! and not the thornless!!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought sweet potato starts from Steele plant co. I ordered them quite some time ago so I do not know if they have an left. I learned from previous years that they sell out rather quickly.
the1honeycomb said:
nOt done!!! I can't get my sweet potato slips to grow! and I haven't been able to buy any!!!!! :ep
thought my dog was chasing butterflies, and he comes back to me all excited about pulling up my Blackberries!! and not the thornless!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That dog made you think of the Steal Plant Company, Cat'?

That's what I need steal, um, steel, um . . .

That company (http://www.sweetpotatoplant.com) sure has a nice slide show! Sweet potatoes. I've related my very limited sweet potato experiences and being mocked by family who witnessed them :rolleyes:.

The1honeycomb, could it be that sweet potatoes are sometimes treated to retard sprouting? That is done with the "Irish" potato. (I'll blame the Irish before someone points their finger at Idaho.) Potatoes are sprayed in the fields while the plants are still growing to retard sprouting. They may also be sprayed or gassed in storage, as well.

Steve

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
That dog made you think of the Steal Plant Company, Cat'?

That's what I need steal, um, steel, um . . .

That company (http://www.sweetpotatoplant.com) sure has a nice slide show! Sweet potatoes. I've related my very limited sweet potato experiences and being mocked by family who witnessed them :rolleyes:.

The1honeycomb, could it be that sweet potatoes are sometimes treated to retard sprouting? That is done with the "Irish" potato. (I'll blame the Irish before someone points their finger at Idaho.) Potatoes are sprayed in the fields while the plants are still growing to retard sprouting. They may also be sprayed or gassed in storage, as well.

Steve
I went to an expensive organic store to purchase my sweet spuds so that Ic ould grow them but allas no growth!!! so my search continues and I will! have sweet potatoes!!!! LPOL:thumbsup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That should do it, the1honeycomb.

At least, that's what we hear about the pre-sprouting treatment for the other potato.

. . . the organic section.

Steve

Latest posts