double check that junk mail before you burn it...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
last month after getting back from the trip dw had a pile of mail for me.
of course theres numinous credit card offers, just for laughs open the one from the nielsen rating people there was 2 dollars in there and a question form..okay filled it out and sent it in..

today received another letter from them thanking me and a five dollar bill.
IMG_0683.JPG

how about that......

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I generally open junk mail before I toss it. I found a nickel in one once, not $5. Sometimes I get mailing labels, calendars, or such, stuff I'd rather use instead of sending it to the landfill. I do't feel guilty about using that stuff. I did not ask for it and I'm not going to pay to return it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've gotten that nickel too and once $2 to fill out a questionnaire which I did. But they never send me $5. I've donated to several organizations and they are always sending me address labels which I keep but never make another donation.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
usually when i check my e-mail theres one or two spam which i never open, but today got this in the mailbox which i opened.....
View attachment 33303
dw had a good laugh.....

dangit @majorcatfish now i'm hungry and want to try them all!

i will save a stack of envelopes and junk mail until a rainy day every few months and then sit and cut out all the plastic windows and throw those away, the paper i can shred and use in the worm farm. at least then i don't feel like i'm wasting something that can be reused. first though i like to use up all the bean pods and reject/rotten beans from picking and shelling since those are home grown and more easily broken down by the critters in the buckets. i don't usually have room for all of those pods and some bags of them are returned and buried out in a garden so that wormies out there can have a snack over winter/spring, but i try to get at least a few rounds in the worm buckets because there are a lot of fungi on the pods and i like it that the worms and other creatures in the buckets can munch on those for a while before they get put out into the gardens before planting season.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We got a half dollar recently (not two quarters, an actual Kennedy half) the usual pennies and nickles and a few other odds and ends (some of the Israel charities give you a shekel)

I also remember to check the stamp (if there is one) You never know when the USPS is going to screw up again, and error stamps are just as likely for the bulk rate ones as for any others.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
heres the story why so much spam...

dw and i have been wanting to try the garlic spam, of course nobody sells out here<oh yes we have searched> just the run of the mill spam.
so while on my trip kept reminding myself to look at the grocery stores while out in tahoe.. had a major brain fart and forgot all about once there, and then it hit me last week while looking at a can in the pantry. <you stupid sh!t you forgot:he:he:he:he >.

so went to the spam website of course they sell all their types and some that we never heard of, so ordered okay they are a little proud on their prices, boy the stick you on shipping..

all i can say that garlic spam better be worth all the hype .....

Latest posts