Dr Order For Summer

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well that's not any fun! Would it help to make some unsweetened mint tea and sip it throughout the day to eliminate, or cover up, that awful taste?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I rely on Gatorade thru the weeks of summer.

Okay, my (sunny) day: I was outdoors from 6am to 3pm. By 3, the thermometer had hit 95º. There were 24mph wind gusts throughout the afternoon. Humidity was 17%.

For over 2hrs, I was in the shade. The sprinklers were running and I was eating lunch and dozed off playing solitare on the phone ... There was travel time but no AC in the pickup. Windows down. I had a 12oz coffee and 2 Gatorades while I was outdoors.

I want you to know, it isn't that I like the stuff so well.

BTW. My day didn't end at 3. I was running sprinklers at home and got 2 loads of laundry on and off the line by 7. Even the bathtowels were toasty dry.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was too dang hot! I made the mistake of not looking at a weather report since Friday or Saturday and they promised it would only be mid-eighties this week and very pleasant. I'm just very glad my brother fixed the a/c on my truck last summer.
But that doesn't help if I'm not driving. :\

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mid eighties! Ahhhh..... that would be so refreshing!! Hitting hundreds here. Pounded in 7 T-posts this morning, spray painted 2 metal cabinet doors, watered flowers, performed other outside chores. 12 noon now, inside drinking ice tea. Will go back out, spray 2nd coat on doors and start dragging out 1"x12"x10' and 1"x6"x10' boards to paint them. Going to build husband's closet organizer after I get all boards painted.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a peeled cucumber on my drive this morning and wondered about my potassium levels (while keeping as cool as a cucumber) ...

Just checked the USDA nutrient database. Here's a short list for potassium content:

Cucumber 136mg/100g
Peach 190mg/100g
Banana 358mg/100g

Now before you buy that farm in Central America consider this: Spinach 558mg/100g.

;). The WS is promising cooler today ... Something I'd really like them to get with a little more accuracy is wind gust speed. By their own records, they seem to consistently guess about 5mph low. Maybe they are averaging the gusts ... I don't know. Seems like if they say, "wind gusts up to 25mph," it should be a maximum.

Not only can I expect more wind in the big veggie garden but I expect to see 30mph on their records. It almost never fails!

Steve