Dream about Hoodat.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm still around and pretty good condition for an old F***. My wife, as many of you know has Alzheimers and is in a nursing home. At 91, she doesn't have much time left so I've been spending most of my time with her even if she doesn't know who I am any more.

So good to "see" you, Hoodat! My empathy is with you as Mom and I are doing the same thing with Dad and for the same reason. My prayers go with you as you spend precious time with your lady love.

She may not know you any longer but I'm betting she remembers how your love feels and is enjoying what time you are together, though she can no longer express it. Sometimes I see a look of contentment and peace come over Dad's face as Mom is feeding him or wiping his mouth and I know he remembers that part of their love...that steadfast caring and physical touch. He just can't remember her name or face anymore.

Missed you too, Hoodat! Always a great day when you post your pearls of wisdom here.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bless you and your lovely wife. We miss you here but know that right now she is most important. We will keep you both in out prayers. Sending hugs.:hugs

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
So glad you found a moment to check in...you really made an impact on me, with your all your knowledge- and your wonderful humor! Such a difficult time for you. My thoughts will be with you both.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hoodat!! :hugs Good to see you are still alive and kicking....so sorry about your wife though. Maybe you can share some memories from the old photo albums with her. It might get a smile from you both. :hugs

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm still around and pretty good condition for an old F***. My wife, as many of you know has Alzheimers and is in a nursing home. At 91, she doesn't have much time left so I've been spending most of my time with her even if she doesn't know who I am any more.
My Mom also had alzheimers, Hoodat. The memories are all still there from what I experienced. They could just not come through. But every once in a while she would have some clearer moments. And she seemed to always know who I was for a bit. But she was a bit younger than your wife. So terrible. Hope you are feeling better. Always loved reding your posts.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mother in law also has alzheimers. For a few moments she doesn't recognize us but then we hug and start talking and she comes back to us. Her personality is changing and it's hard to deal with it and what she does. I so wish they would find a cure for it.

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear fro you Hoodat, even if it is not good news. Like many others I've been closely touched with Alzheimers too. It can affect different people differently but it is a truly horrible disease. I'm not sure my Mother-in-law really recognizes anyone but she usually enjoys the visits. She's the same age as your wife. My uncle, who recently passed, remembered his wife clearly though she passed several years ago. He had no idea who anyone else was. Last time I saw him he kept asking me if I'd known his wife. He couldn't remember I'd just said yes and called her by name. It was heartbreaking to see such a strong vital man in that shape but I'm glad I saw him.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My wife spoke English fluently but she has forgotten it now. She only recognizes Japanese so I hired a Japanese girl to come speak to her for an hour each week. It seems to cheer her up. When she started getting tired of being asked about her early life I told the girl to speak to her as though she were a friend speaking across the kitchen table. I cleared out so they could talk woman talk (women don't talk freely when a man is around) and she jabbered away the whole hour. She looked like she was really enjoying herself.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree that women don't talk freely when men are around, particularly if the man is "attached" to one of the women, like spouse or child. But I have witnessed women in the workplace talking around a solo guy worker like he wasn't there, and some of the topics were pretty...well....not that general....

Latest posts