Dreams and their Meaning

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
such crazy dreams last night but it was all interesting too, wish i had a way to record them as it would be interesting to watch again and see what i missed the first time around. :)

i had a lot of onions with my dinner and it was a bit later than usual so these are what i would have called onion dreams back in the college days when we'd order a pizza later at night and of course always had extra onions on it. :)

and then an annoying thing, right before i got ready to settle in last night i thought of something funny to me and then a bit later i could not remember what it was other than the fact that i should have written it down. arg! haha!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
and then an annoying thing, right before i got ready to settle in last night i thought of something funny to me and then a bit later i could not remember what it was other than the fact that i should have written it down. arg! haha!
Oh, how many times I've wished that I had a pad of paper next to the bed, to write dreams down before they fade from memory! (something I actually did that in my youth.) Sometimes I compose songs or poetry in my dreams, and only rarely remember them when I wake. One of the few times was last year, when I dreamed I was in a singing competition, and was performing an original song. I blame DW's fixation on American Idol for that one. :lol: The funny thing is that I did actually compose a song in my dream. I woke up with the song still playing in my head, was able to write down most of it before it faded, and spent the morning humming it until I filled in the blanks. Fortunately you will all be spared the aural agony of hearing me actually sing it. :hide

The habit of keeping a notebook close to my bed followed me into young adulthood, even after I joined the military. The problem with that - as anyone who has been in the military knows - is that you're not allowed to keep loose objects on your rack/bunk. During an inspection, my notebook - and a couple year's worth of compositions - was found under my mattress, and thrown away. :barnie

Not long after that, I mostly stopped writing. and I've often asked myself why. I believe that the passion that inspires writing is a search for meaning, an emptiness longing to be filled. Perhaps finding my DW, and starting a family, filled that emptiness. :hugs

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
So now that this thread has been revived...

Last month, I had a dream so intense that I struggled trying to write it down... and recalling it disturbs me even now. I dreamed I was on a ship, and we were responding to a distress call in heavy seas. It was a heavy storm, and when we arrived at the location, the ship had already sunk. We circled looking for survivors, and pulled a young woman from the sea. As soon as we had her aboard, she started screaming "MY HUSBAND!!! MY BABY!!!" with the anguish only those who have lost a loved one know. I felt that anguish as my own, to the point where I awoke sobbing uncontrollably. The noise woke up poor DW; I couldn't even speak at first, and she was in anguish too, wondering what was so terribly wrong with me. That was another night where my heart was pounding so hard that going back to sleep was impossible, so I just got up & read for awhile.

Normally I have some control over the direction my dreams take, and can avoid dangerous or hurtful situations... so such powerful nightmares are exceedingly rare for me. This was only the 3rd time in my life that I've had a dream that affected me so deeply: the night I died three times (mentioned earlier in this thread); the one I just had about the ocean rescue; and the time that I dreamed vividly that my oldest daughter was run over by a speeding car, and was screaming "DADDY!!!" :ep. That last one occurred when I was deep at sea & incommunicado, and really terrified me. I marked the date on my calendar, and didn't relax until two weeks later, when I received a letter from DW (sent the day after that dream) telling me everything was OK. :fl

Last edited:

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’ve noticed an odd trend in my dreams lately. I’ve been having these sort of hybrid dreams that are halfway between a normal dream and lucid dream.
One I had last week was that I was babysitting and fell off a tall piece of playground equipment. I couldn’t stop myself from falling like I normally could in a lucid dream but I was able to stop the impact from hurting like it would in a normal dream. (Warning description of blood/ teeth being knocked out below) It also didn’t stop me from dreaming that I had cracked or knocked out most of my teeth on impact and the rest of the dream was was the teeth falling out while I’m trying to hide it so the kids I’m babysitting don’t panic and stuffing paper towels in my mouth to stop the bleeding while I get to the dentist. At the dentist I’m trying to explain what’s wrong but can’t talk for obvious reasons and he keeps getting impatient with my attempts to type out what’s wrong and I’m typing like a drunk. Eventually the kids mom who I don’t recognize suddenly appears tells the doc what’s wrong and I go to take the paper towels and and I wake up right as I puke up all the blood I’ve been swallowing. When I woke up I found I had been drooling all over myself apparently everytime I dreamed I was spitting blood/teeth out I had actually spit so that was great. Having to have dental work done is something I absolutely hate. I’d rather break a bone or catch the flu I hate it so much.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
re: the teeth coming out dream, my friend used to have this one regularly and so one day i tried to find more information about a possible meaning (and not that i really put much stock in it but i had some time and i thought it might give me some good jokes i could tease him with as he was a constant joker :) ). what i came up with that it was a reference to aging. it did so happen that he was older than me so there ya go... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, a more everyday dream ... well, some might call it a left-field dream ;).

It was in the corral. I wasn't out in the field !

I'd just received file cabinets of records. They were important but belonged to someone else. DS and I were out there. He was both young and old in the dream. Oh yeah, there were a couple of curious cows
🐄🐄

I was explaining to DS that the file cabinets were mostly safe from the cows. That they were mostly just curious and weren't really a danger to the cabinets, the documents inside, or to us. Nosy things, right up to our elbows while we are trying to position the cabinets in the corral.

I step back and the thought occurred to me that they may just be curious now about what we are doing and what these boxes are. Later, these two, or some of the others out in field, will be in trying to scratch themselves against the file cabinets or butt each other against them and damage the cabinets ... So, I wake up.

:) Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Okay, a more everyday dream ... well, some might call it a left-field dream ;).

It was in the corral. I wasn't out in the field !

I'd just received file cabinets of records. They were important but belonged to someone else. DS and I were out there. He was both young and old in the dream. Oh yeah, there were a couple of curious cows
🐄🐄

I was explaining to DS that the file cabinets were mostly safe from the cows. That they were mostly just curious and weren't really a danger to the cabinets, the documents inside, or to us. Nosy things, right up to our elbows while we are trying to position the cabinets in the corral.

I step back and the thought occurred to me that they may just be curious now about what we are doing and what these boxes are. Later, these two, or some of the others out in field, will be in trying to scratch themselves against the file cabinets or butt each other against them and damage the cabinets ... So, I wake up.

:) Steve
Your dreams are as batty as mine :)

I didn't sleep much last night my head was working out a few problems. I'll be putting those on hold later and catching a few 💤s

Latest posts