dry them peels!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Worm growing may be fine for you, BUT for me ... total disaster ! As per advise of a USWU master gardener ... Since we had just moved to the Pacific Northwest and new to gardening in a different climate and soiIs, I got a bunch of worms, got lawn clippings weekly from 5 neighbors, and got a worm population explosion in record time. Featured in a write up in Clark County garden paper. Many folks came to see for themselves. Then, the worm explosion attracted several dozen Robins who had a field day raising more Robins. My Blueberry crop from 14 plants as well as strawberry crop ( from 3 large hills and any other edible went down their beaks leaving NONE for me and my wife. At the same time, moles moved in to make a mine field of my newly planted strawberry hills, flower beds , walkways , etc. . I have now battled the moles by setting traps and followed the fool proof advice of experts , as well as asked for advice from members on this forum to get rid of moles for 3 years with not a single mole being evicted It i illegal in Washington and Oregon to kill moles . :he Then last spring / summer, veticilium wilt attacked most of the rest of my suseptible and weakened plants and now most of my hard work for 4 years went down the worm throats. So , I wrote it down to experience and am starting over almost from square one with a VERY thin worm population that I now hope reduces some more by starving the worms as well as the moles. What else can I do ? :idunno

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
shoot 'em, i'm sure all that lead will help the soil and provide good drainage. if you're lucky you'll hit oil like Jed.

Latest posts