Duck's New Ragtag garden, Version 2020

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My horses like to hang out in the barn. We just take the tractor, bucket down and scoop the poop, dump on pipeline. We also have chicken and sheep manure. We split it up between the garden and pastures.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
And,

I'm curious about "changing area." Is that what it's called? Just a place for tack and feed? I don't know that I have ever been in a horse trailer.

It isn't a comfortable little suite where you can change out of your jodhpurs and hang your crop and hat, is it?

Steve
Many gooseneck horse trailers have an extra area in front of where the horses travel. The overhang has a couple of windows, and with a mattress, it makes a great place to sleep. Mine has that, and a small area where you can change clothes. They make them like this for people to be able to show their horses and change their clothes. I have a separate tack/grain room in the Back on my trailer.
SOME pricy horse trailers are very long and have a comfortable vacation trailer-like living quarters, with a bed, shower, etc. Mine is NOT one of those!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry, just 3, but every horse makes about 40 pounds of manure daily.
It adds up.
I had between 20 - 33 horses annually, depending on the number of foals born and how many foals/yearlings that haven't been sold that year. Most of the mares where on the pasture. I almost always had 8 horses in stalls .... so ... 40 pounds/ day x 8= 280 pounds of manure to muck out and wheelbarrow to the pasture. I spread the manure about 6" thick and about 10 foot wide in the pasture. The grass that comes up in the manured areas is at least a foot taller than the grass right next to it. :clap

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I would take a picture of it, but mine is a mess right now,
So...picture this:
since my horse trailer is a "slant load" imagine a door, 1 ft to the left is a wall that goes at a 45 degree angle to the other side of the trailer wall, then a partial wall, parallel to the truck pulling it, and a "bed place" big enough for a full sized mattress, with a 3 ft clearance. To the right and left of the door mine has about 4 ft, so there is PLENTY of room for one person to change their clothes and even keep a chair in the same space.

Latest posts