Ducks4you 2021 Ragtag Thread

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
So...I look over into one of the beds north of the garage and discover 2 pan pumpkins that I missed. They had been frozen, so a little squishy, but I am tempted to sloppy plant them and see if I get sprouting next year.
After getting an email that said my new 60 ft heated hose wasn't coming in until January 15th, THERE IT IS arriving yesterday at DH's office. The box looked like the gorillas who broke the mower I ordered some 15years ago in transit had Also handled this hose box, but they didn't break it.
Although it's a different brand than my other heated hose, so I can't hook them together, I still used a long extension cord and it gets water right next to the barn. SOO helpful.
The old one is blue, the new one is red, if that means anything?!?!?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
SO, DH is my hero, aGAIN!! I thought that I lost the rubber cap that goes on top of where you fill the hydraulic fluid in my tractor. Had to fill it, so I bought the recommended Kubota product, dedicated a funnel and tied it to the gallon of hydraulic fluid, but then, last month, I couldn't find the cap!! :eek::eek::eek::hit:hit:hit
LOVE my tractor, but you void the warranty if you don't buy THEIR parts, and they are P R I C E Y!!
Tiny screw that locks the latch to connect hydraulics to the bucket was $65.00
yeah...
We drove the tractor out of the barn garage yesterday and took a look. DH found it right next to where you fill it.
I was Kicking myself bc Usually I put such a thing in a pocket so I won't lose it.
I had COMBED the area in front of the barn, and swept underneath where the tractor was parked, so I was THRILLED that we didn't have to replace it. Not TOO expensive, prices range from $11-$13, but then you pay S&H, tax, etc. I HAD bought a sink plug as an emergency cap, but I guess I will be giving that to DD's for Christmas.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
SO, DH is my hero, aGAIN!! I thought that I lost the rubber cap that goes on top of where you fill the hydraulic fluid in my tractor. Had to fill it, so I bought the recommended Kubota product, dedicated a funnel and tied it to the gallon of hydraulic fluid, but then, last month, I couldn't find the cap!! :eek::eek::eek::hit:hit:hit
LOVE my tractor, but you void the warranty if you don't buy THEIR parts, and they are P R I C E Y!!
Tiny screw that locks the latch to connect hydraulics to the bucket was $65.00
yeah...
We drove the tractor out of the barn garage yesterday and took a look. DH found it right next to where you fill it.
I was Kicking myself bc Usually I put such a thing in a pocket so I won't lose it.
I had COMBED the area in front of the barn, and swept underneath where the tractor was parked, so I was THRILLED that we didn't have to replace it. Not TOO expensive, prices range from $11-$13, but then you pay S&H, tax, etc. I HAD bought a sink plug as an emergency cap, but I guess I will be giving that to DD's for Christmas.
Isn't it great when a happy ending like that happens?! I once took my son out to the mall when he was at 'the stroller' age. When we got back to the car I saw he had kicked off his really nice little leather shoes at some point. Oh well. Went back to the mall a couple days later to buy another pair and as I parked my car in the 'mothers with small children' designated area, I saw his shoes places very neatly right there on the ledge of a lampost at the front of the parking space I picked! What were the chances?

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even though I was disinherited, I guess my mother's house sold, 3 DD's who each get 1/4, will receive Something, after the atty gets his 3rd, bc my Stupid mother had it in a Trust.
Right now, they have each rec'd ~$12K from her investments.
DD who wanted the 1993 Cummins, which has 121K miles on it, will be transferring title soon, but probably after the Christmas rush.
(see: https://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/coffee.24236/page-41, post # 408)
Definitely needs a new battery...AND new brakes... AND new tires...AND something done to the wipers that stopped working.
I have suggested that she take it and sell it, but she'll have none of that, insisting that just the engine in it is worth keeping it.
She and her sister plan to pull the bench seat, and put it in 2 bucket seats. There's a local place that will do that.
Since it is a club cab, there is about 2 1/2 feet of cab space behind the seats, very nice for packing, plus anytime you buy something that needs a truck for transport, it no longer has a topper, so loading/unloading is very easy.
I would like it out of my 4 car garage, but I guess I need to be more patient.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Re the blog: I'd be very happy to repurpose wood like this.

Sheds. ShedWork. ReadingSheds. ManCaves.

As a kid, I spent a great deal of time in the barn and outbuildings. Knotty pine was popular for home interiors during that time. I like the look of wood!

Steve

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is My compost material:
I LOVE real manure, not bagged and bought, the best for nutrition building in the soil. Or even new soil that has been enriched with real manure. But my oh my, the WEEDS!:eek: You're so lucky to have an endless supply!!