Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having my second breakfast of hot oatmeal with blueberries and chopped apples cooked in. The banana with the first breakfast was so large that it almost pushed my Cheerios out of the bowl! Oats/Oats

I had a dead battery in the car - for whatever unknown reason. Trickle charged ... How long does that machine take? It's been 10 years or so since I used it last and that was like the 3rd time out of 30 ...

So, I'll put the battery back in and hope to learn why it went dead. Car sat for 48 hours, used pickup between times. I suppose, that it might have been as simple as leaving a door ajar. Don't trust the dome light but I sure hope to figure it out. Battery new this year.

Steve
had thought that i might be wading around in snow/mud this morning. thankfully, not.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Black coffee today - while some puddings were baking in the oven.
1236.jpg

1240.jpg

Tomorrow I will have the morning coffee served with pudding again, a wonderful combination.

1239.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Is this called pudding in the United States? What is this made of? Are some of these green or blue?
The name should be "Crème Caramel," the recipe I used has eggs, milk, sugar, and heavy cream. It's one of our family's favorite desserts. The ingredients are simple, but the taste is creamy and charming.

The green/blue color comes from the light reflection in the dawn. Under normal light, it looks like this:
749.jpg

787.jpg

Here is a similar recipe.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The name should be "Crème Caramel," the recipe I used has eggs, milk, sugar, and heavy cream. It's one of our family's favorite desserts. The ingredients are simple, but the taste is creamy and charming.

The green/blue color comes from the light reflection in the dawn. Under normal light, it looks like this:
View attachment 46182

View attachment 46183

Here is a similar recipe.
Very interesting! Thank you!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my second cup while talking to DD on Facebook messenger with the camera and headphones. She called me, so I put headphones on and can see her house and she sees me. She takes the phone with her and she walks around in the bathroom and talking about her day while putting on makeup. LOL Izzy getting into stuff and turning on the water in the sink. I talk to her and Evelyn telling me things and then DD goes in the other room and starts making breakfast and talking about what we are going to do today and she made oatmeal and fried eggs. The kids were eating and talking and I had my coffee. I do not get much done because she has a cell phone and can walk around and I have to watch from the computer, but it is fun.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Having my second breakfast of hot oatmeal with blueberries and chopped apples cooked in. The banana with the first breakfast was so large that it almost pushed my Cheerios out of the bowl! Oats/Oats

I had a dead battery in the car - for whatever unknown reason. Trickle charged ... How long does that machine take? It's been 10 years or so since I used it last and that was like the 3rd time out of 30 ...

So, I'll put the battery back in and hope to learn why it went dead. Car sat for 48 hours, used pickup between times. I suppose, that it might have been as simple as leaving a door ajar. Don't trust the dome light but I sure hope to figure it out. Battery new this year.

Steve
had thought that i might be wading around in snow/mud this morning. thankfully, not.
OMG, same experience...kinda. 1993 Dodge Cummins, YOU KNOW, the one I Tried to sell, then DD got teary eyed, said she wanted it, STILL hasn't moved it to her garage YET.
Yeah, THAT one.
Thought I'd start it up 2 weeks ago, since it hadn't been run in over one year. Wouldn't turn over. DH set up our charger, and ran it for 3 hours before it finally started. I let it run 90 minutes in the garage with the door up.
Today I HOPE to start it up, take it out and sweep out the bed. If it starts again, I will let it run for another hour before I park it for the winter.
Actually, DD's Want to store it in their garage, but the guy who was hired to build them a much needed new back door deck, got as far as tearing it down, and temporarily putting the steps up next to the back door, THEN, he, (a mason) got sidetracked into remortering the brickwork on the west side of the house (where the deck is supposed to go,)
ALL of the wood, etc is taking up 1/2 of their garage, and NOW he can't/won't finish the job until next year.
HARD, the in the future to recommend this guy.
YES, his work is excellent, but his work ethic sucks!
He has been FULLY paid, and behaves like this.
Too bad. DD and I know a LOT of people who would be interested, in the future, to hire him, but I cannot recommend him. NOBODY wants a paid for, 1/2 done job.
Yes, he was somewhat cheaper, but I think DD's will be telling him next year that they got somebody else to finish this.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm home, dogs were so excited to see me. Sentry was crying, he was so excited. After I fed the dogs and sheep, I spent time with Sentry and Sheba, the Anatolians. I spent time with the sheep, I have 2 ewes that are about to explode. They are Jamica Sheep--as in Ja' Make-uh Me Crazy! Will they EVER lamb???

Sentry took me for a walk around the pasture so he could show me that he has been working. He looks back to see if I am following. Of course Sheba came too, then 8 young ewes and the ram. It was quite the parade. LOL
And you are the star in their show :love

Animal's are just amazing aren't they

Latest posts