Dug up my Garlic

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Boy was it ever nice to see actual garlic bulbs...I have tried them before and never got anything...but thanks to you guys :thumbsupI have a great harvest...DH bit into one of the cloves and said it was very potently garlic flavor...:thumbsup

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Excellent! Just dug mine this weekend too. Are you going to save some cloves to plant in the fall, for next year?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom, what kind did you plant? i just ordered mine for planting this fall and i will have Killarney Red and Kabhar coming from someone in Ohio. after reading up on the Killarney it looks like it should be good growing over at the other house. the ground seems very fertile but it tends to stay very moist where i set up the garden area. the slugs have had it good this summer over there! :/

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mine just got finished curing and they are INTENSELY flavorful! I love how much better then the grocery store ones they are.

After pulling I smelt like garlic all day though... did you? :lol:

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We harvested half of our garlic so far. we are waiting a couple more weeks to harvest the rest. it is true home grown beats store bought every time.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I dug up half of my garlic a few days ago and they are beautiful. I'll smell like garlic for weeks. One thing though, some are dark colored. At first I thought maybe it was a mold or fungus but its just the outer skin that is a mottled gray color. And the color is not on all of them. The actual "meat" inside is white as snow and tastes great. Maybe the soil was too wet for a while in early spring but it's been extremely dry here for the past two months. Oh well, a little mold never hurts. I have no idea what kind of garlic they are as they have been re-planted over and over again here for years. All I know is that they work well for us. I have about 20 single cloves sun-drying now and I'll get them back into the ground sometime in late September as usual.

Latest posts