Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/03/09-2

UN: Eco-Farming Feeds the World -

Paula Crossfield is the managing editor of Civil Eats. She is also a regular contributor to the Huffington Post's Green Page and is a contributing producer at The Leonard Lopate Show on New York Public Radio where she focuses on food issues. She is currently tending a vegetable garden on her roof in the Lower East Side. You can follow her on Twitter.

more Paula Crossfield

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Eco farming makes a lot of sense in poor countries, espercially those who have a long history of small farmers.
In some countries, such as much of sub Saharan Africa, the real problem is not large argribusiness so much as it is the continual tribal warfare which drives the farmers off the land by stealing their crops and children.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The monoculture mindset is preventing many areas from reaching its full potential. I am so glad the "one duck revolution" information is spreading so well. I just read about the combination duck/rice paddy idea about 2 years ago. 2 yields from the same space without extra inputs.

As for the WI thing, I grew up in WI in a union home. Lets not go there on a gardening forum. Until you have been one of the broke taxpayers having an ever growing line of people deciding they need your money more than you while the union grabs more and more out of each paycheck, you just don't know what is really at stake. The unions drove out so much industry in the 70's, my parents both ended up completely jobless, broke and divorced while owing loads of taxes.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
With all due respect, I am hoping that free speech,and respectful speech still exists here.

What people do not understand. It is called "deferred wages ". Please understand a real policy and not the hype.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/column/article_12b181f6-5095-5653-a771-37f4baed74e2.html

If you do not read, you do not learn. There is a divide and conquer strategy in this country and I am going to fight for other people because I am a selfish personin the process of helping others I will be helping to save myself. I am smart enough to know that I cannot do it by myself.

When these Governors get through selling off their employees and the publicly owned assets they are coming after you and me. Together we stand a chance. If you think you are safe on your tinny tiny piece of the rock . I think not. They want your rock too. Who will stand with you when the time comes.

This is not the first time in history that this has happened.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You seem to think I am ignorant on this topic. I am not. I just completely disagree with you. Now when it comes to the evils of monoculture, I am right there with you.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts. :cool:

RIrs

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I live about 30minutes from Eco Farms very nice place and learns lots of great info from it. They take you on a tour of there 20 or so acreas and then teach lots of stuff about differnet countries and how to farm better.

Thanks,
RIRs

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
Well we agree again :lol:
No man is an island and the water is lapping at your feet. :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12695313

The world is watching and they are horrified. They would have had nation wide strikes by now supporting each other. That is the only way civilizations have ever survived is by taking care of each other. The Jungle is a lonely and dangerous place and standing back to back in the tough times ensures ones survival. Those that do not learn the lessons are those that do not get a chance to pass on their genes. ;)

Latest posts