EGGS!!!!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dog might die of heartbreak if I took a trip and didn't leave her with family.

I have a Velcro dog too, can't stand to not be with a human. The people where I board her love her, she is so affectionate. When I start the routine to take her there she is ready to go.

I don't remember if it was Alex, it sounds like something he'd say, but I recently read where a dog often acts a lot differently when you drop them off and walk away than how they act with you around or how the owner predicts they will act. Dogs are conditional learners, if conditions change they act differently. Or maybe a command like "sit" means something different if I give it or if my wife gives it. She may not do all that badly if you do board her, but if family will take her, that's a god option too.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dogs are excellent in picking up on our emotions. If you are nervous or sad about boarding your dog, he will pick up on it making him the same. While we all want to believe our dog is so loyal and love us so much they couldn't go on with out us, 95% can. There is a small number of dogs I tell owners not to board ANYWHERE but have a house/pet sitter come in. They are very timid/shy/nervous and will refuse to eat even hand fed chicken.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not only does my father refuse to put his dog in kennel, he will not leave the dog for grooming. He just shows up with dog, and waits while dog is groomed.Never calls first to see if we busy.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We bought a red mini weiner dog puppy for our daughter's 10th birthday. The dog adored her. We went out of town for several days and boarded her and our black Lab. The weiner dog refused to eat, barked herself hoarse until only a tiny whisper of a squeak came out and grieved hard. We never left her again. We just took her with us.

Latest posts