EGGS!!!!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is pouring down rain here in Tucson, so I went and pulled the tarp over the run to help the chickens not get wet..

While there, I just for grins opened the egg box... and I had two eggs! My Black Australorps are the only ones with red combs and waddles so, I assume they are the ones that laid them. I am so happy! (Those are wooden eggs in the lower right hand corner)

They are kinda small, but if I were a chicken I think my first eggs being small would be a good thing!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
You will soon have more eggs than you will know what to do with! We have 4 chickens. Getting 2 or 3 eggs daily. I now have 4 1/2 dozen eggs in fridge. Better use them or give away soon. (Such a dilemma! )

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is pouring down rain here in Tucson, so I went and pulled the tarp over the run to help the chickens not get wet..

While there, I just for grins opened the egg box... and I had two eggs! My Black Australorps are the only ones with red combs and waddles so, I assume they are the ones that laid them. I am so happy! (Those are wooden eggs in the lower right hand corner)

They are kinda small, but if I were a chicken I think my first eggs being small would be a good thing!

Nothing better than the first eggs....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Raining (with ice) here, but I waddled out carefully and picked up two eggs this morning.

Yup, Rebbetzin, nothing quite like collecting those first eggs.

autumnprairie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I try to check before my beagle gets them from the stable. My hens free range so sometimes it's fun trying to find them all. Not all my hens like the best boxes.

Latest posts