El nino, weird or what?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Close to 50 today and no snow anywhere, the rain tapered off and showed some blue sky. DH and I took advantage of all this, plus him being between ready jobs and jumped at a spontaneous trail ride over at the State park. The wind was blowing like crazy but it was beautiful and we had a great ride.
I can't remember riding on a clear trail ever in December before.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those were bluebirds I saw the other day. They came back to check out the birdhouse again today and I got a good look at them. It feels like March out there! For now, anyways...

We need to mow too. Think I can convince DH to stop splitting firewood long enough to do that? LOL. The grass is so dark green as well.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The forecast for the weekend is for the 60s. Although the course is closed for the season, some die hard golfers can be seen on the course at times. I mowed on Monday, but this time I did not bother to winterize the mower when I put it away. The ski areas are hurting, as are the snow plow guys and hardware stores who handle snow blowers.
jackb

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was looking at the veggie garden bed. It could use some mowing, too. I just might get to it tomorrow and then get the machine winterized. I think I'm through with mowing any other parts of the lawn. I should run the lawn tractor out of gas . . . I suppose I could mow around the maple trees and along the road. . . . .

It should get above 50 Thursday so mowing seems likely.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
From today's Times Union:

Nationwide, the Capital Region was warmer than the entire West Coast north of Los Angeles to the Canadian border, all of the mountain states and the upper Midwest from the Dakotas to Ohio.

Students from Tracy Martone's first-grade class at Westmere Elementary School in Guilderland rejoice in the unseasonably warm weather Thursday. Friday was much the same, as the weekend will be.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cute kids. :)

It was 66 here today and supposed to get into the 70's the next two days. Good timing for the weekend. I'll take it!

Usually though, when we have such unseasonable warm weather, some nasty storm and wind will follow it.

Latest posts