Enough Rain Already

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was finally able to get in the garden with the tiller today after a month of mud. It wasn't really dry enough yet, but the grass and weeds were terrible. I had to stop several times to untangle the grass wrapped around the tines.

I mowed the grass and cut the dirt in a couple places where I was going to plant a few more beans and set out a few more plants. I am intending to till it good tomorrow after it aired out today, but now the radar is showing more rain. :somad

Maybe it will miss us. :fl

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gosh, I didn't realize you guys were having that much rain. Of course, if you are still a working person, that sure limits the time you have to get out in the garden. I hope the rest of the summer goes better.

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, the rain missed.:ya It's still a little wetter than I'd like, but the Troybilt lets you cheat a little when you have to. I tilled a pretty good seedbed and buried most of the grass this morning. I'll hit it one more time in a few hours before I plant....... If it doesn't rain. 20% chance. :idunno

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We just had a front move through. Lots of heavy, ominous clouds but no rain. Predictions are for another storm after 5:00 this p.m. Sounds like the Farmers' Market will go on today.

We're hoping the cloud cover sticks around. That should keep the temperatures down from the 93 degrees (F) with high humidity that's being called for today.

I'm not complaining about all the rain. I am fighting mosquitoes and happy that the raised beds drain so well.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only one? I can't bite down on a $50 gold piece without a mouthful of mosquitoes. Can't see the road through the window for all the mosquitoes partying on the screen. They are big and bad this year!

Latest posts