Epiphyllum ? (solved by Ron)

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SEE!

P0425091147362.jpg

This fully explains my Drooling over this species!

That's it, I coming over to mow the lawn! ohhhh, how did that happen? This branch just fell right into my pocket! LOL

:idunno

Ron

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
well i never cared much for cacti but now i'm gonna go get my grandmas night-blooming cactus that she was proud of and bring it home so i can take care of it.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
Every time I see that bloom I am amazed all over again! That is certainly not your "everyday" flower.
That is the most amazing thing about this plant. If you can provide enough strong light, preventing it from going leggy, then it can thrive even in a house!

This is just like growing those Zygo Cactus or Christmas Cactus! It is, after all, the same family! All of them considered Orchid Cactus.

It is the freezes that suck. In Houston, you leave these things outside...all year. In San Antonio, same thing, and anywhere south of those areas. The rest of us just have to treat them like we do our other frost tender perennials and pull them in. :tools

I am talking EASY plant here!

Ron (still drooling!) ... I gotta have a yellow, I gotta have a peach, I gotta have different reds, ooooh and orange...and !

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ron you say easy.
I say very rare and hard to find. ;)
I see the prices of these and wonder if I should start to specialize in just the most exotic of plants.

It would be a wonderful way to make a living!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey Joe,

I am sure if you start right now, in 20 years you will be a Master and folks will remember you for ages to come....then you can retire! LOL

Ron :th

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I want one now too! How fabulous!

Never seen one before. Good to hear they are like Christmas Cactus -- they like me...we get along!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Calling them 'rare and hard to find'; coming from a man that has them growing on every corner of his yard! HA! LOL

I think they are one of those 'kept secrets', and people need to know how easy they are!

I bet Joe has one in his hat! LOL :gig

Ron

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYONFpVooiA&feature=player_embedded

You guys will like this. Time lapse of bloom opening and closing. There are several videos of different varieties. Check 'em out. They're cool!

I found someone selling plants and cuttings on eBay too, buy-it-now, and running avg. $7. Now I know what I'll be getting my mom for Christmas this year (and me too). ;)

Latest posts